What's new

SOTD - November 16 through November 22, 2009

Status
Not open for further replies.
proxy.php

'30s Aristocrat​

Great looking razor, how does it shave?

Great looking razor, how does it shave?

Thanks - it's a great shaver! I was looking for luxury this morning, so I planned on TOBS Avocado SC (if you haven't tried it, do); a soft pillowy brush ('06 B&B LE), and a smooth, heavy, beautiful razor.

This one is perfect mechanically and about 95% cosmetically. A really great razor.

see Thirdeye's review of the '34 Aristocrat here

1962 Gillette Slim
Super Iridium
No name brush(boar brush but it is super soft and very plush)
TOBS Rose
Old spice

Thanks - it's a great shaver! I was looking for luxury this morning, so I planned on TOBS Avocado SC (if you haven't tried it, do); a soft pillowy brush ('06 B&B LE), and a smooth, heavy, beautiful razor.

This one is perfect mechanically and about 95% cosmetically. A really great razor.

see Thirdeye's review of the '34 Aristocrat here

Thanks, I've been looking at picking up an open comb aristo. I'd like something that shaves similar to my Exec as far as agressiveness goes.

Last edited:
Tech 1947 - Derby blade - Mama Bears Awakenings - Omega boar brush - "Squirrel" lather-bowl!
"Squirrel" lather-bowl!
I love it ! Edwin Jagger, Truefitt & Hill or Geo F. Trumper's bowl ??? :lol::lol::lol:
Eelco​

Thanks Eelco! It's a HEMA-bowl :lol: :thumbup:

(For the non-Dutch: HEMA is something like Wal-Mart. Cheap but not crap)

(Been researching a bit on local potteries to get myself a "one-of" scuttle, will keep you updated...)

Monsavon SS ~ EJ Med Horn Silvertip ~ Gillette Slim TTO Deluxe / Derby Extra ~ Italian Blue Floïd AS

proxy.php

No shave yesterday and a wonderful 3.5-pass-BBS this morning.
Fresh Derby in this very mild shaver, WTG, WTG, ATG + touch ups.
CWR + Blue Floïd, wow; I feel like a million bucks for a lazy Sunday!:thumbup:

You guys enjoy the end of the WE,
C_J

Beautiful cold icey-blue color on that Floid! Wish I could take pics like that...

Nice pics everyone. Jon -- love that 30's Aristocrat!
All those Plissons are starting make me crazy -- I won't have mine until tomorrow.

Today, I tided myself over with this:

picture.php

Moss Scuttle
Old '55 Red Tip
7 O'Clock yellow
shavemac #25 23mm silvertip
Castle Forbes Lime SC
Thayer's Lemon astringent WH w/ Aloe Vera
Royall Lyme ASL

All in all -- a wonderful Sunday morning shave!

nice shot, Neil - and a nice combination.

(question: do the people you live with - I assume you are not living [blissfully] alone - wonder at your disappearing into the bathroom now and again with a camera?)

You like the Castle Forbes Lime a lot?

Tuesday SOTD = Plisson Bliss eh? (AND you get to road trip to Ray's shop tomorrrow??? Cool... have fun! & bring your checkbook.)

Stopped at L'Occitane yesterday. Wife needed some hand cream, and I've been lusting for some Cade for a long time... The result:
A nice shave. Couple weepers, but smooth.

Sun

40's SuperSpeed w/crystal
Penworks Silvertip
T&H Rose - 1st use and wow impressed but not sure if its a good value compared to TOBs Rose... time will tell
Witch Hazel

Saturday
Merkur Long-handled Classic with a Feather
Savile Row Il Bambino 3118
Geo. F. Trumper Coconut Shaving Soap in a Bowl
QED Peppermint Tonic
QED Patchouli, Teatreem and Peppermint ASSC
Pashana Original Cologne :thumbup1:

Great fragrance olio today..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom