What's new

SOTD - November 16 through November 22, 2009

Status
Not open for further replies.
today's set-up:

40's Superspeed / Ped Pack Personna (Day 3) / Omega board brush / Palmolive shave stick / Thayer's / English Leather AS / Nivea ASB / Trumper's Spanish Leather cologne

Excellent post 10 k run shave. Extra long in a hot shower to warm up from a cold, rainy run... made for a nice shave.

Barry

EJ DE89L w/Feather Blade
C&E Pure Badger Travel Brush
Dettol Shaving Cream with Fresh Fragrance
MG5 Aftershave Lotion
Annick Goutal Eau d'Hadrien EDT

Last edited:
very nice pic - cool brush!

excellent 1st SOTD....

Thank you, I do like that brush, even with the 18mm knot, short loft it lathered very well in the bowl and felt great on the face. I can see this will get plenty of use.

jss said:
...And a very nice 1st SOTD photo it is sir..Congratulations!!

best regards,
Julian

You both are too kind, Thank you.

A critique by myself,
I think the set-up is the way i wanted it, but the lighting, flash, and focus need work. All that said, at least you have an image and one of these days(next year), I will get a new camera.:biggrin1:

Thank you again,

nice shot, Neil - and a nice combination. (question: do the people you live with - I assume you are not living [blissfully] alone - wonder at your disappearing into the bathroom now and again with a camera?)

Thanks, Jon. No, I am not living alone. Yes, my family thinks I'm weird, but they are supportive. As a matter of fact, my wife is the one who actually came up with the tripod when I started complaining that my pictures were always blurry. Now it's part of my standard weekend shave! :laugh:

You like the Castle Forbes Lime a lot?

I do, indeed. I know it gets mixed reaction around here, but I don't understand why. To me the CF and the Pen's Endymion creams are superior, luxurious latherers. Most other creams don't cut it for me.

Tuesday SOTD = Plisson Bliss eh? (AND you get to road trip to Ray's shop tomorrrow??? Cool... have fun! & bring your checkbook.)

:w00t:

1st SOTD pic

Aristocrat Jr./Crystal blades/C.O. Bigelow/T-Bone brush/Stoneware bowl/Dickinson's Witch Hazel

Nice pic, Phil. Welcome to SOTD!!

Awesome looking brush -- is the T-bone a custom job?

• QED Wild Rose Soap
  • Semogue 2010 Brush
  • Filarmonica 14 Doble Temple Straight Razor
  • Proraso Splash
  • 444 Balm

proxy.php

Sunday:

Simpson Emperor 3
Provence Sante Tea Tree soap
Gillette '58 TV SS razor with Derby blade
Thayer's Lavender Witch Hazel w/ alcohol
Clinique Post-Shave Healer
Penhaligon's Hamman Bouquet

First go with the Provence Sante Tea Tree soap. Very nice, very slick with a nice fragrance. I probably used too much, but sometimes "a little too much is just enough..."

Nice pic, Phil. Welcome to SOTD!!

Awesome looking brush -- is the T-bone a custom job?

I don't know the history behind it, but I purchased it from Mike(lax1mxr).
It is a bone handle and he called it T-bone. I liked the blues sounding name, so I will keep it. It has been re-knotted with a TGN knot. If it is not 1 of a kind, I will be surprised.

Thank you

Gillette New / Feather (10)
Shavemac #177
Mama Bear "Lime Ice" Shave Soap
Witch Hazel
SCS "Blue Line 1 Menth" Aftershave Splash

Zihr Clean
AOS Lavendar Shave soap
Merkur 38C
Astra Platinum
Moss Scuttle
Dickinson's Witch Hazel
Vitaman Mud Mask
Chanel Pour Monsieur Balm
Chanel Pour Monsieur EdT

My face looks rich.

Last edited:
r0ck, benevolence has its benefits..:thumbup:

Nice bowl who makes it....

Enjoy your gear,
Julian
It's a small metal bowl my wife bought many years ago... Has a matching lid with a nickel/silvery matte finish ball for a handle. Will get additional pics another time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom