What's new

SOTD "FREE WEEK" May 1st - May 7th, 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
proxy.php

Gartbnx....

Marvelous photo. That is a fine looking razor.

Crema da Barba SMN/ Simpsons M7 Manchurian Badger/ LASSC BBS-1/ Gillette 7 O'Clock/ Lozione Dopo Barba SMN/ Emulsione Analcolica SMN/ Aqua di Colonia Tabacco Toscano SMN

proxy.php

Magnificent presentation, Guille. Quite the intriguing shot.

Many thanks for the warm welcome, @ronweston!

The mixed hair Vulfix is a revelation. My previous brushes were (unbeknownst to me) too soft and floppy to work a shaving soap—which saw me using creams exclusively after failed early efforts with soap. A recently viewed YouTube video introduced me to the concept of backbone and a thread on B&B included comments commending the mixed hair Vulfix for having it.

The mixed hair Vulfix loads better than any other brush I've used. The 'scritch' over which B&B commenters have differing reactions is there, but the Vulfix is no more scritchy than at least one of my previous all-badger brushes, so I don't find it off-putting. The overall effect is that I'm getting equally good or better lathers on soap as against earlier brushes, even on cream, with no penalty in comfort. I count the Vulfix 404's mixed hair knot a success.

(Kudos to the author of the How to Break in a Shaving Brush wiki page. I have never before eradicated a brush's wet-dog odor with such dispatch.)

Fine exposition on the Vulfix. I just ordered one for myself.

Ron-You are dead on. I even turned my FB up a notch this morning. This old timer is another winner!

Sunday
Prep: Warm Shower-Stirling Bath Soap-Port-au-Prince (mutton tallow)
Soap: Stirling Gentleman
Razor: Gillette Fatboy
Blade: Vintage 70’s Gillette Platinum Plus (Shave #11)
Brush: Whipped Dog Silvertip-24mmx52mm
Aftershave: Stirling Gentleman

WTG-XTG-ATG (adjusted angles for my beard)

Stirling Gentleman today. 20 seconds to load the Whipped Dog Silvertip. Easy, thick, slick, lather. Vintage Gillette Platinum Plus still in the Gillette Fatboy. Excellent smooth, close shave. I finished with Stirling Gentleman aftershave.

Bob

proxy.php

You just have a knack with the vintage blades, Bob! Fine pic of a sublime shave.

Sunday 7 May 2017

proxy.php

Mastro Livi Razor Club 2017

Still on the road and still having the immense pleasure of testing this Mastro Livi Club Razor 2017. I have to say this is a super straight razor with a proverbial and impeccable edge, delivering a magnificent smooth and close shave. I can't wait to get my Mastro Livi Club Razor 2017 and I am sure it will make a great couple with the 2016 edition. The shave was very comfortable and smooth, also thanks to Cella shaving cream and the magic touch of Floïd Blue aftershave, one of the very best lotions both for performance and fragrance. I should say a great aftershave coupled to an incredibly beautiful masterpiece such as this Mastro Livi Club Razor 2017!​

• Pre-Shave: RazorGuy Pre-Shave Oil
  • Soap: Cella Shaving Cream
  • Brush: Omega Bristle #89
  • Bowl: Chinese Bowl
  • Strop: Mastro Livi Travel Loom Strop and Hand Palm
  • Razor: Mastro Livi Club Razor 2017, 8/8 Full Hollow, French Point
  • Post-Shave: Alum Block
  • Post-Shave: Umbrian Extravirgin Olive Oil
  • After Shave: Floïd Blue
I hope you get your own 2017 razor soon. When at home you must have a dilemma trying to chose from the Mastro Livi razors you own.

proxy.php

Shaving Full Blue

Rating: 5 / 5

Razor: ROCNEL SE50

Blade: FEATHER Profesional Super

Brush: SEMOGUE LE sintético 70/100 Barbear Classico 2017

Lather: VELEIRO crema vintage

Aftershave: MYRSOL Blue

Additional Care: MYRSOL emulsión

That blue shave is a winner, my friend.

Sunday, 7 May 2017

Max Sprecher Customs, 8/8, Spanish point, quarter hollow, with Abalone inlay scales
Tony Miller Old No. 2 Fast Bridle Strop
Shavemac Silvertip
Geo. F. Trumper's Limes Shaving Cream
T. N. Dickinson's Witch Hazel
Royall Lyme Aftershave Lotion

View attachment 787452

Blinded by the scales, Doug! Fine overhead shot.

SOTD, Sunday, May 7th, 2017

Shower in evening + Ach Brito Glyce face lather and rinse
Geo Trumper's coconut oil shave cream
Kent badger brush
Feather Artist Club folding straight razor + Proguard blade
Cool washcloth rinse
Truefitt & Hill West Indian Limes aftershave
Penhaligon's Zizonia cologne

proxy.php

It's a beauty, Murray, plain and simple. Love the flowing lines -- quite dramatic.

May 7, 2017
Jamie's afternoon shave..
1. Hot Shower.
2. Crown king prickly pear menthol jelly.
3. Chiseled face CRYOGEN soap.
4. suribachi bowl.
5. SEMOGUE LE sintético 14 /100 Barbear Clássico.
6. FUTUR knock off / new gillette 7 o'clock black.
7. Thayers medicated / Chiseled face CRYOGEN A.S. / PAA frost byte balm.

Love the colors in your photos, Jamie! Fine layout.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom