🦈🦈SHARK WEEK 2023🦈🦈

7-16-23

Razor: 74’ Black handle Super Speed

Blade: Shark Super Stainless

Brush: The Purest

A/s: Classic Old Spice

Shark bite: Yes

Total score: 8.4/10

My third and final swim with the sharks for 2023 was my best yet. After Friday’s bloody experience with the chrome I entered the waters with more reverence. I started the shave with my normal hot towel and lather. I hesitated as I reached for the razor, “Should I just swap over to my typical Astra?” I thought. No. I’m exiting the waters with a bang. I confidently but respectfully picked up my razor and proceeded my process, shaving WTG, ATG, then XTG. This shave was a breeze, and I dare say enjoyable. I completed my shave with only a nibble that cleared up after a quick rinse. Overall a smooth shave that I would consider going back to again!

Congratulations!! You survived, mostly intact!! :thumbup1::thumbup1:

Shark SS Blade #1 Shave #8
Tools: EJ DE89 Razor, Colonel Conk New Formula soap & Plissoft brush.
Three passes with touch up but the Shark SS is done.
I gave it a nice Burial at Sea. :w00t:
Got some neck irritation but Aqua Velva Ice Blue took care of that. :thumbup1:
A big Thank You to BigJ for sponsoring another year of Shark week. :thumbup:

+1! Burial at Sea what a GREAT FINISH TO SHARK WEEK!! :a29:

(And you are most welcome!)

Shark Week 17-Jul-23

Blood in the water !

Penultimate shave of Shark Week. I've managed to evade the sharks past few day, I can sense those angry blood thirsty Sharks, waiting...

Today I dropped a new Shark Super Chrome in the Razorock Super Slant with the OC L2++ base plate.

I was pushing my luck - swimming with hungry Sharks.

Soap for the day was Razorock Saturnia. It's description made me buy it. I love the scent.

Super slick lather with the Razorock glossy black plissoft brush. Dash of the AS which is more citrusy than sulphur.

The Shark super chrome performed spectacular in the RR Super Slant. A very smooth, shave, however this plate has ample blade feel to keep reminding me that the Sharks are lurking.

The Shark got me - upward stroke under the lip, blood in the water. Alum block halted it but the Sharks won today !

View attachment 1687552

Sir, I respectfully disagree. If you lived, then YOU WON!! (This is Shark Week)!! :a29::a29:

Razor: Aristocrat 1948-50
Blade: JAWS (7)
Brush: Yaqi 24mm
Bowl: Fine Accoutrements
Soap: Mike's Natural Soaps - Orange, Cedarwood & Black Pepper
Aftershave: Lucky Tiger

A very nice shave to end Shark Week, though I buffed a little too much on my neck and ended up with a bit of irritation. Can't fault the JAWS blade though, it performed very well throughout the whole week. I always use an aftershave that doesn't contain alcohol when I get some irritation, and I find Lucky Tiger to be one of the most soothing.

Thank you @BigJ for once again hosting Shark Week. These little soirees are a lot of fun and your time and effort is very much appreciated, kind sir. 🍻
IMG_4087 (2).JPG

MdC/Muhle Mondays
SHARK WEEK: "Eight Days A Week" (Many of you older guys may relate without Google)
Still In GRUME & GRUYERE

1689602297192.jpeg

So...Shark Week continues through the 18th!?*+>

Hey Guys
I learned something new today. There are 8 days in a week, at least during SHARK WEEK.
The EVO 2.0 brush was so nice yesterday, I decided to use it again today. The MdC/Muhle combo is so good, I have been thinking about spending a week with the Shave of the Week Society. The SHARK blade is doing good and will be fine for #9 shave tomorrow.
Satisfaction/Enjoyment: 10+
Efficiency: 9.6
Please take care of yourself and each other.

Last edited:
MdC/Muhle Mondays
SHARK WEEK: "Eight Days A Week" (Many of you older guys may relate without Google)
Still In GRUME & GRUYERE

View attachment 1687662
So...Shark Week continues through the 18th!?*+>

Hey Guys
I learned something new today. There are 8 days in a week, at least during SHARK WEEK.
The EVO 2.0 brush was so nice yesterday, I decided to use it again today. The MdC/Muhle combo is so good, I have been thinking about spending a week with the Shave of the Week Society. The SHARK blade is doing good and will be fine for #9 shave tomorrow.
Satisfaction/Enjoyment: 10+
Efficiency: 9.6
Please take care of yourself and each other.

+1! Just for you: Another chance to CHEAT DEATH!! :hang::hang::hang:

Razor: Aristocrat 1948-50
Blade: JAWS (7)
Brush: Yaqi 24mm
Bowl: Fine Accoutrements
Soap: Mike's Natural Soaps - Orange, Cedarwood & Black Pepper
Aftershave: Lucky Tiger

A very nice shave to end Shark Week, though I buffed a little too much on my neck and ended up with a bit of irritation. Can't fault the JAWS blade though, it performed very well throughout the whole week. I always use an aftershave that doesn't contain alcohol when I get some irritation, and I find Lucky Tiger to be one of the most soothing.

Thank you @BigJ for once again hosting Shark Week. These little soirees are a lot of fun and your time and effort is very much appreciated, kind sir. 🍻View attachment 1687682

Sir, you are most welcome!

Thanks for contributing to the fun! :thumbup1:

Shave 9

The Shark Super Stainless got me with a bitty weeper above my lip. No big deal. I'd have been happy in shaves past with getting only that. It was done after the aftershave was applied.

It's been a blast, a great theme, glad I participated, and even more glad I worked in so many head shaves with the Shark Super Stainless SE blades. They did awesome. Another awesome head shave today!

A very comfortable and appropriate afternoon shave with the Sharks and Noble Otter Northern Elixir! A DFS all around and peppermint cooling of the Northern Elixir was just what I needed on a sunny 85F afternoon!

Good shaves and a good week to all!

N.O. Northern Elixir soap and aftershave
Dickinson's Witch Hazel
Omega Boar
Head: Lead Triple w/three Shark Super Stainless SE
Face: Blackbird Ti Lite w/Shark Super Stainless

2F1EFC9F-AE10-4AA0-8DC5-8DD36845AEA2.jpeg

Top Bottom