SHARK WEEK 2023: July 11-18!!

Shark Week Shave #6
20230716_160532.jpg
Blade: Platinum
Razor: JAWs .84
Brush: Yaqi Atlantis
Soap: B&M Bay Rum
A/S: B&M Bay Rum balm
Styptic and Alum: Osma (see where this is going?)

I decided to go Pirate this morning before Church and bring out the Bay Rum. Once again, the Platinum felt smooth and comfortable against the Bay Rum lather and then it happened. This time, I felt the nip, no warning, final pass. Noticed a couple other dots as well. Used the styptic pencil first to stem the flow after the first rinse then used the alum block on my wounded neck. An armature mistake and the Shark once again reminded me who is really in control. Not to worry, tomorrow is another day and I can once again chum the water. Tomorrow will be an Arko-Sharko day I think.

🦈🦈🦈🦈🦈🦈🦈🦈

Shark Week 1 of 2023 Shave 5​

Shark Platinum Super Stainless (56)
Fatip Nobile Safety Razor Open Comb with Faux Horn Handle.
Stirling Spice
Boar Brush
In my opinion, the best scuttle design ever.

The Fatip razor works well with this older blade, but I made a mistake by getting overconfident and trying to speed up. It gave me a bite. There was 🩸 in the water.

🦈🦈🦈🦈🦈🦈🦈🦈🦈🦈🦈🦈

3049943F-5B4D-41D8-BC24-37422CC01781.jpeg

A short morning shave before church. I gave my Shark some extra teeth for more bite by employing my Gillette New Long Comb. Mike’s Natural provided good glide for a close shave. I thought I saw a hint of blood at one of my usual suspects, but it quickly disappeared. Hmmm 🤔. Shave 14 on the blade, a 9.7 / 10.
Oops, here’s the picture:
IMG_2466.jpeg

Last edited:

Mike M

...but this one IS cracked.
IMG_20230716_144903.jpg

365 shaves in 2023
Shave#197 of 365 (100% 168 left)
Shark Week

Razor:
RR Lupo 95 SB
Blade: Shark SS (2)
Brush: Omega 20106 Boar
Soap: MWF
A/S: Old Spice
Moisturizer: Nivea Hyaluron
First Aid: Osma alum block, Witch Hazel,

Tonight MWF once more lathered with the big Omega Boar and the shave was down to the Lupo 95 loaded with the Shark SS. I didn't hold out much hope for this shave as the platinum blade, which was my favourite Shark gave me quite a nip in this razor. The lather was a little dry at first, but after adding a little water I got the right consistency.
The SS blade was quite a revelation, last week I suspended my search for the best blade to combine with the Lupo for Shark week. This shave was excellent, I managed a BBS with no blood or irritation surely this can't mean that a shark blade will be best with the Lupo

Shark Week Shave #6
View attachment 1687355
Blade: Platinum
Razor: JAWs .84
Brush: Yaqi Atlantis
Soap: B&M Bay Rum
A/S: B&M Bay Rum balm
Styptic and Alum: Osma (see where this is going?)

I decided to go Pirate this morning before Church and bring out the Bay Rum. Once again, the Platinum felt smooth and comfortable against the Bay Rum lather and then it happened. This time, I felt the nip, no warning, final pass. Noticed a couple other dots as well. Used the styptic pencil first to stem the flow after the first rinse then used the alum block on my wounded neck. An armature mistake and the Shark once again reminded me who is really in control. Not to worry, tomorrow is another day and I can once again chum the water. Tomorrow will be an Arko-Sharko day I think.

BLOOD!! And do NOT expect a warning!! :sob::sob:

🦈🦈🦈🦈🦈🦈🦈🦈

Shark Week 1 of 2023 Shave 5​

Shark Platinum Super Stainless (56)
Fatip Nobile Safety Razor Open Comb with Faux Horn Handle.
Stirling Spice
Boar Brush
In my opinion, the best scuttle design ever.

The Fatip razor works well with this older blade, but I made a mistake by getting overconfident and trying to speed up. It gave me a bite. There was 🩸 in the water.

🦈🦈🦈🦈🦈🦈🦈🦈🦈🦈🦈🦈

View attachment 1687322

Just a love bite!! You are (trying) to deal with a Shark!!:facep::facep::facep:

1689556373638.png

Shave #5 with the Shark Platinum in my Razorock Tech.
Decided to go Arko-Sharko since I saw others try it, now I feel like the pompous mayor of a New York island resort town.

Got a couple of weepers in the second pass. Forgot how much Arko dries out.
Stopped there, still ended up with a close, comfortable shave.

Gonna try for the final shave with a better soap.

IMG_0816.jpeg

🦈🦈SHARK WEEK 2023🦈🦈

7-16-23

Razor: 74’ Black handle Super Speed

Blade: Shark Super Stainless

Brush: The Purest

A/s: Classic Old Spice

Shark bite: Yes

Total score: 8.4/10

My third and final swim with the sharks for 2023 was my best yet. After Friday’s bloody experience with the chrome I entered the waters with more reverence. I started the shave with my normal hot towel and lather. I hesitated as I reached for the razor, “Should I just swap over to my typical Astra?” I thought. No. I’m exiting the waters with a bang. I confidently but respectfully picked up my razor and proceeded my process, shaving WTG, ATG, then XTG. This shave was a breeze, and I dare say enjoyable. I completed my shave with only a nibble that cleared up after a quick rinse. Overall a smooth shave that I would consider going back to again!

Mon 17 Shark Week
Soap & Aftershave
Barrister & Mann Seville
Brush Yaqi 26mm Orange Black
Razor Yaqi Rosegold DOC
Blade Shark Super Stainless 2nd
Superb lather from this soap...rich creamy and slick...together with the matching splash...smells wonderful!
Continuing with Shark Week...today's combination of razor & blade was very good. Easy smooth and efficient enough in 3 passes for a bbs-dfs finish...no blood was spilled!
20230717_071741.jpg

thombrogan

Lounging On The Isle Of Tugsley.
High Efficiency Summah/Gentlemanly Restraint/Shark Week

Tonight’s opulent and stupendous shave
RazoRock JAWS 0.84 27/100
Shark Super Stainless (1)
Damp washcloth aka “shave binky”
Whipped Dog Butterscotch 30mm boar brush 1/100
Pre-shave: no
Lather: Wickham’s 1912 Club Cola, face-loaded/face-lathered
Aftershave: Ulm Nom
Post-shave: hot shower
Post-shave: mentholated Equate moisturizer

Used too little soap. Aftershave confirmed. Accidentally popped scab on upper lip (We’re union; we’re proven!) with minimal bleeding. Other than that, shave was so awesome and smooth. Want to use these blades for 1-600 shaves, but two seems best with this setup.

Shark Week 17-Jul-23

Blood in the water !

Penultimate shave of Shark Week. I've managed to evade the sharks past few day, I can sense those angry blood thirsty Sharks, waiting...

Today I dropped a new Shark Super Chrome in the Razorock Super Slant with the OC L2++ base plate.

I was pushing my luck - swimming with hungry Sharks.

Soap for the day was Razorock Saturnia. It's description made me buy it. I love the scent.

Super slick lather with the Razorock glossy black plissoft brush. Dash of the AS which is more citrusy than sulphur.

The Shark super chrome performed spectacular in the RR Super Slant. A very smooth, shave, however this plate has ample blade feel to keep reminding me that the Sharks are lurking.

The Shark got me - upward stroke under the lip, blood in the water. Alum block halted it but the Sharks won today !

20230717_074052.jpg

Last edited:
Date
365 daily shaves
193/365
GRUME July
17/31
SOTMC
17/31
Consistency Shaves
15/31
Blade Biter’s Archive03/32

RazorBladeBrush
Fatip Piccolo Nickel*
Shark Platinum (10+11)Kox Blue Synthetic
PreshaveSoapPostshave
Cold splash
Face Wash
Proraso Green preshave
Dutchy BergamotCold splash
Aftershave
Balm
* OEM Handle

PassesWTG XTG ATG
Efficiency
(details here)
Quality / My process
8/10 (~20 m)9.5/10 (tiny spot)
EffectivenessComfort / Blade condition
9/10 (BBS)
9/10 (Buttery smooth)

Notes to this shave:

General - eat, sleep, shave, repeat. Nice and smooth face and head shave. First WTG on the face was a smidge less comfortable, but after that all passes were great. Excellent blade with an excellent result.

For extended shave notes click here.

Enjoy your shave!

Shark Week shave #8

Semogue 1470 boar
Arko
'55 Red Tip
Shark SS 🦈🦈🦈🦈
Hoyt's 1868

I felt compelled to engage in at least one Arko-Sharko shave during Shark Week.
Knowing that the scent of Arko is proven to be effective in repelling mosquitoes, small rodents, family members and single women, I surmised that it may also be effective as a shark repellent. While it did not actually repel the sharks, it did create a magical barrier around the face and neck that was impervious to their bites and provided a clean, smooth shave to start the week.

Shark SS Blade #1 Shave #8
Tools: EJ DE89 Razor, Colonel Conk New Formula soap & Plissoft brush.
Three passes with touch up but the Shark SS is done.
I gave it a nice Burial at Sea. :w00t:
Got some neck irritation but Aqua Velva Ice Blue took care of that. :thumbup1:
A big Thank You to BigJ for sponsoring another year of Shark week. :thumbup:

Top Bottom