What's new

🐗 🦡 🐴 SOTD - “I Like Big Brushes and I Cannot Lie” Theme Week - June 26th - July 2nd, 2023 🐗 🦡 🐴

Status
Not open for further replies.
Once again should have read the title. Sorry went to the dark side today.

The almost never seen Focus Dynamic version 2

PXL_20230702_094254241~2.jpg

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
Sunday Schick shave, July 2nd 2023

Razor : Schick E2 injector, Canadian variant- Mfg 1930'-40's, mid range, well built and designed to last generations with a little care. One of my most enjoyable Schick injectors. Had a great shave this morning.
Blade : Personna SS PTFE injector(8) sharp and smooth with great longevity.
Soap : Yaqi Musketeer Rapier- nice scented soap (Aramis clone) + excellent lather qualities.
Brush : Yaqi "black Marble" 24mm Tuxedo knot, excellent lather generator, cloud like soft tips, nice splay scrubber + excellent lather painter. This brush was my first Yaqi brush and it was purchased on defect sale about 3 yrs ago, it is one of my best brushes and got me interested in the Yaqi brand.
Pre shave : (Dedicated Cashmere synthetic)Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser with a dollop of clear Aloe Vera on the cleaned beard area.
Prep : Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups. WTG + ATG + pickups.
Post shave : Yaqi Musketeer Rapier AS + a dollop of CeraVe moisturizing lotion(scentless).
Results : 1-10 dial - Copy (2)4 template 9.2.jpg or CCS,DFS,BbS + no irritation + no weepers=:a17: Excellent shave with my Schick E2 with a Personna coated blade.
SOTD July 2 2023.jpg

Have some great shaves!

Sunday, July 2, 2023.

Truefitt & Hill: oil pre shave; Trafalgar, shaving cream, lotion, balm aftershave & cologne. Simpson Chubby 2, King Charles III Coronation: Sovereign Fibre in Monarch Swirl style handle. Jose Monserrat Pou: Filarmonica 14, Doble Temple, barberpole, full kirinite scales by Pablo Fuertes

IMG_5183.jpeg

IMG_5704.jpeg

Razor: T.R. Cadman & Sons Bengall

Lather: Zaharoff x Gentleman's Nod Signature Leather Tabac
Brush: The Wet Shaving Store Faux Horn w/ G7 Knot - V1
Bowl: Fine Accoutrements Fine Lather Bowl

Post 1: P.A.A.Alum w/ No-Slip Grip System & Dry Dock System
Post 2: Dickinson's Enhanced Witch Hazel Deep Cleansing Astringent w/ Menthol & Eucalyptus
Aftershave: Pré de Provence No.63 balm

So, I've had this sample for a while and have been wanting to use it ever since I popped the top and smelled it for the first time. It's really good! I don't know why I waited so long to try it.

Signature Leather Tabac is aptly named and is a very manly fragrance through and through. It has a strong leather note with a bit of smokiness to it. There's also this nice sweet tobacco note that takes a bit of the edge off but blends together well. Again, it's really good!

I'm a big fan of tobacco fragrances and this one is no exception. This is a very high-quality fragrance that's masculine in all the right ways. If you want a shaving soap with an outstanding base and a top-shelf (manly) fragrance this soap fits the bill to a T.

I had a good time getting a straight shave in. I took my time, as you should when wielding something so sharp, but welcomed the challenges this format brings. Overall I had a really nice shave.

PdP No.63 is such a fantastic fragrance as well. It's also manly and amazing in its own ways. I felt it very fitting to pair this aftershave with my soap choice today and really think it should be in every man's collection.

Alright, well that's it. Take care. Thanks for reading, and enjoy your shaves.

Last edited:
Friday’s Shave

Four amigos exploring efficiencies, searching comfort. The creamy Felce Aromatica a fragrant forest presence. The big boar crowned with a heavy cloud of softness. Luxurious lathering cajoling deeper skin relaxation. A Harbinger bidding a second pass. The Grande’s quick whispered strokes. Flashed through five day whiskers silently. Smooth closeness expanding into a deeper skin comfort.

IMG_0388.jpeg

Zenith Boar B35 31mm
Single use Feather
Fatip Gold Grande

Happy Shaves

Knockout-SOTD-K_2023-07-02.jpg
:001_wub:

Brush: Shavemac "Kleiner Bayer" 14/42 Silvertip D01 2-Band
Soap: TFS Mandarino Tachibana
Razor: 1947 Knockout
Blade: Gillette 7o'clock Black (9)
ASL: TFS Mandarino Tachibana

An excellent shave. :biggrin:
I decided to spoil myself with my top favorite closed comb and the groovy scented Mandarino Tachibana today. :001_cool:

Happy shaves guys. :cornut:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom