What's new

Safety razor eBay possible identification?

Hello! I don't think I've posted on here, so here goes! I'm currently looking at new safety razors (just started with my grandpa/dad's Gillette adjustable) and I found this little guy on eBay.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/32078924629...X:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649#ht_1970wt_1398

There's no name in the listing and I'm not familiar enough to identify it without help. Doesn't look to be as cheap as a Concord but doesn't look to be as nice as a Merkur either. I mostly like how it looks. But I need to learn about its performance. Anyone have any ideas? Reviews and opinions always appreciated! I'll post a pic for those that don't want to look at the eBay auction. Thanks in advance!
-Franklin

Attachments

• $Screen shot 2011-12-01 at 8.23.24 PM.jpg
    $Screen shot 2011-12-01 at 8.23.24 PM.jpg
    11.6 KB · Views: 152
Welcome to B&B.

I have never seen that razor, but at that price I question whether it would really be a "stainless steel" razor.

From what I seen it's a generic, not a parker, and I have seen that auction..

It's nice looking, try it! I would try something else personally

Edwin Jagger DE 89 for example =]

I have one of those it came free with the wilkinson blades i ordered of the bay the handle is fine and i use that on other heads but im not willing/brave or stupid enough to shave with the cheese grater of a head that was attached i haven't used it and don't think i ever will ...

proxy.php

@hotrod54chevy - welcome to B&B!

I'd echo the feelings of everyone above . . . anything new selling for that price in today's market isn't worth the time or money. When placing sharp blades against tender skin, I like to know that I've got some quality workmanship holding that blade!

Good vintage razors can be had for less than $10 that will out-perform that one and still last another lifetime! Since you already are the lucky owner of an Adjustable (heirloom as well) you will not be happy with the performance of a third-world special. You have already tasted quality . . . you don't have to settle for less.

Also, I would hesitate to buy from someone who always blames the buyer when negative feedback is left, and can't find solutions to obvious problems.

I have one of those it came free with the wilkinson blades i ordered of the bay the handle is fine and i use that on other heads but im not willing/brave or stupid enough to shave with the cheese grater of a head that was attached i haven't used it and don't think i ever will ...

proxy.php
I am seeing things or is that razor more crooked than a varicose vein?

Top Bottom