What's new

GIVEAWAY! PIF: Gillette Super Adjustable 109 PV, 1977. Mint condition (in packaging).

Last edited:
@phdezra Thanks man a lot!
Welllllll, I did promise worldwide shipping, and, huzzah! This Gillette Super Adjustable is headed to Albania! Enjoy, @albsat !

We all look forward to your review (please post here for those following this PIF/GIVEAWAY). TY.

IMG_2366.jpeg

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
congrats to all. The Super 109 was my first razor that was shared between me and my brothers growing up. I still have the one we bought back in the late 60's early 70's.
As I recall, this was one that I would "borrow" from my Da, before he decided to give up to Gillette and start using the "Good News!"

@phdezra

I received the package and today I used it with my Super-Max Platinum blade. It was my 23rd shave with this blade today. I have trying to improve my technique by pushing the blade as much as I can. I will start the one blade challenge with a Feather blade for all February.

Back to the razor. I got a really nice shave with it. I had to dial the angle and the correct setting as my blade is a bit used. But it worked really well. There was a lot of feedback from the razor. Much more than Karve Overlander. The handle is a bit long but the it doesn't slip when it is wet. The only thing that I don't enjoyed in the razor is the design of the tabs exposed. I always get cut if the tabs are exposed. I will give more tries in the future for sure.

Last edited:
This is a really nice razor. I am really surprised with it. I could get another good shave with a very used blade.

The only things that I have to put more attention are : exposed tabs and a bit heavy thick head to shave under nose area.

For the rest it is a very nice shaver.

This is a really nice razor. I am really surprised with it. I could get another good shave with a very used blade.

The only things that I have to put more attention are : exposed tabs and a bit heavy thick head to shave under nose area.

For the rest it is a very nice shaver.
@albsat Great to hear/nice review. Enjoy!

Top Bottom