What's new

GIVEAWAY! PIF: Gillette Super Adjustable 109 PV, 1977. Mint condition (in packaging).

Fixing the names as two people posted at once (@gpjoe and @hugosf have both been added correctly)

Gillette Super Adjustable 109 PV, 1977 by @phdezra

1. @Jayson74
2. @wrestlerjrh
3. @SDK
4. @BradWorld
5. @mfury
6. @Filudo
7. @DesertIguana
8. @squank
9. @babtong
10. @Big_T
11. @shaveSymptomatic
12. @Hawkweber
13. @Geeno
14. @Asktm
15. @nav
16. @Waistgunner
17. @hugosf
18. @gpjoe

Wow! Awesome PIF! Please count me in!
Beginning Tuesday AM, we’re to to 20! Good luck.

@Shaveprentice , I added your name to the list.

Everyone reading THIS, please refer back to to the first post where I write “add your name” and so on. “I’m in” is OK but without the name on the list, I wouldn’t want to go back in almost a week and ensure no one was left out. Ergo, type your name next to a new number before I do random.org # generation. (See copy/paste basic instructions). TY.

Good luck! 🍀

———

As of Tuesday morning (time pens in h where you live):

Gillette Super Adjustable 109 PV, 1977 by @phdezra

1. @Jayson74
2. @wrestlerjrh
3. @SDK
4. @BradWorld
5. @mfury
6. @Filudo
7. @DesertIguana
8. @squank
9. @babtong
10. @Big_T
11. @shaveSymptomatic
12. @Hawkweber
13. @Geeno
14. @Asktm
15. @nav
16. @Waistgunner
17. @hugosf
18. @gpjoe
19. @mcee_sharp
20. @Shaveprentice

What a great PIF. Staying in the Grume, but boy what a temptation. Have 2 1978 Black Beauty's but I don't see the packaging very often. Someone is going to be very lucky
hard-to-resist-irresistible.gif

For those of you not familiar with what one of these is going for on eBay in this condition, this is a very generous PIF!

I have a Soviet copy of the Super Adjustable in my rotation and thoroughly enjoy the design.

NOT in, btw. I am temporarily content in razor acquisitions.
True 'dat. 😉. I actually hadn't noticed prices in a while, here is one upon quick search for "Gillette Super Adjustable 109". I know pries can run all over the place, especially condition (and this one seems "minty" in its original packaging, which some people love to have, in general, for any product).

Here is one for $250 🙀 : Gillette Super Adjustable 109 on Card Diamond Knurling - Sealed Package | eBay - https://www.ebay.com/itm/155668298818. Note that it sates Diamond Knurling, which came LATER (1980+). IDK if there are fewer of those out there, or the guy is hypiung it (No offers it appears) but other than the knurling, Of course that person set it as a Buy It Now. If I were placing this for a bidding "war", I always start any auction for any item at $1 and let the highest two bidders simply "duke" it out until one is left standing.

(This item, when I search for SOLD in the advanced search, the highest came in at $135. Go figure: Gillette Black Handle Super 109 Adjustable Safety Razor - NOS NIB Sealed! | eBay - https://www.ebay.com/itm/126076332946)

I cannot imagine someone buying and then posting it to eBay. Recall my ONE ask (as with my first GIVEAWAY), is that you use it and give us all a review (see first post in thread). Cheers.

Last edited:
(some people forget to INSERT their name after the next open number, so I keep re-posting after fixing it up; kindly insert @Name instead of just "I'm IN". Thank you.)
_______

GIVEAWAY: Gillette Super Adjustable 109 PV, 1977 by @phdezra

1. @Jayson74
2. @wrestlerjrh
3. @SDK
4. @BradWorld
5. @mfury
6. @Filudo
7. @DesertIguana
8. @squank
9. @babtong
10. @Big_T
11. @shaveSymptomatic
12. @Hawkweber
13. @Geeno
14. @Asktm
15. @nav
16. @Waistgunner
17. @hugosf
18. @gpjoe
19. @mcee_sharp
20. @Shaveprentice
21. @Garry357
22. @IAH
23. @Iron Horse
24. @ButterfaceX
24. @catchacoolbreeze

True 'dat. 😉. I actually hadn't noticed prices in a while, here is one upon quick search for "Gillette Super Adjustable 109". I know pries can run all over the place, especially condition (and this one seems "minty" in its original packaging, which some people love to have, in general, for any product).

Here is one for $250 🙀 : Gillette Super Adjustable 109 on Card Diamond Knurling - Sealed Package | eBay - https://www.ebay.com/itm/155668298818. Note that it sates Diamond Knurling, which came LATER (1980+). IDK if there are fewer of those out there, or the guy is hypiung it (No offers it appears) but other than the knurling, Of course that person set it as a Buy It Now. If I were placing this for a bidding "war", I always start any auction for any item at $1 and let the highest two bidders simply "duke" it out until one is left standing.

(This item, when I search for SOLD in the advanced search, the highest came in at $135. Go figure: Gillette Black Handle Super 109 Adjustable Safety Razor - NOS NIB Sealed! | eBay - https://www.ebay.com/itm/126076332946)

I cannot imagine someone buying and then posting it to eBay. Recall my ONE ask (as with my first GIVEAWAY), is that you use it and give us all a review (see first post in thread). Cheers.
Definitely should be added to the rotation and used.

Nit edit, two numbers were typed twice (and it was bothering me like that last bit of stubble you need to angle the blade to remove from your chiin!). 🙄
______

GIVEAWAY: Gillette Super Adjustable 109 PV, 1977 by @phdezra

1. @Jayson74
2. @wrestlerjrh
3. @SDK
4. @BradWorld
5. @mfury
6. @Filudo
7. @DesertIguana
8. @squank
9. @babtong
10. @Big_T