What's new

New member, looking to make switch to wet shaving

It's not one of the ones I linked, but I bought a different Gillette tech. Also have a brush and some blade samples on the way. Thanks for the welcomes and the tips!
I look forward to hearing your shaving progress. There's a plethora of shaving guides here and elsewhere. Have fun!

It's not one of the ones I linked, but I bought a different Gillette tech. Also have a brush and some blade samples on the way. Thanks for the welcomes and the tips!

The Tech is a great razor to start with, and if you do your part, it should give you great shaves with just about any of the well known blades. It could easily be your one and only.

Personally, I don't find a significant difference between most blades and have gotten very good shaves from every blade that I've used in all of my razors, including my Techs. Still, you may consider getting a sample pack of blades to make your own determination.

Good luck, and welcome to the show. 🙂👍

Welcome! I am glad to see you are off to a wonderful start with lots of good advice from here! Congrats on your purchase! I would also recommend Astra SP as a starting point for blades they are less spicy (lol). I picked up a Lady Gilette starburst for my wife years ago and she went from carts to DE shaving in the shower with those bad boys in less than a month. One piece of advice I give you from the heart, try what you want to and don't feel like you have to do the things we suggest. If it makes you happy go for it! Its not always about what products you have and use. It is mostly about the journey!

Welcome to the group!
I have been here about 4 months and there are many things to learn (and still learn). Take your time and enjoy exploring this journey. Relax, go slow, don't rush. You will learn as you practice and develop your own style. The members here are much more knowledgeable than I, and I have learned a great deal in a short time.

Top Bottom