What's new

New Shavemac in Honor of the Configurator Closing

Couple of comments regarding Bernd and Shavemac if I may? I bought my first Shavemac from Bernd back in 2006, after using a couple of really nice Vulfix brushes going back to the mid 1980’s. One of them needed to be retired, I kept the smaller Best Badger Fan as my travel brush. Still going strong.

Bernd built for me a Silvertip 3 Band, nickel base that was fine until I mistakenly destroyed it during an emergency situation. I had Bernd make for me a Silvertip 2 Band in both Bulb and fan. Very Fine brushes. Ordered from Bernd another Silvertip 2Band fan and had Rudy Vey repair to near perfection the destroyed brush with a Silvertip 2Band Fan. Like his work so much, had him make me a new Silvertip 2Band Fan.

Why am I sharing all this? Got notified last week that my Shavemac Silvertip 2Band DO1 is on its way, probably arrive this week. This will be my last brush as they’ll take me to the end. Bernd has done his customers a GREAT service with the Configurator, probably having spent enormous amounts of time answering all the emails from customers zeroing in on the perfect brush for them. Bernd has gone head and shoulders above all with his first class service. Big KUDOS to Bernd! We have been very fortunate and lucky to have his experience and workmanship. Same applies to Rudy.

I’ll post a pic of the incoming brush when it arrives. If… and that’s a big if… I ever need another brush… I will contact Rudy Vey and have him construct for me one of his brushes using Bernd’s knots. Time marches on… 😉.

My last order has just arrived.

Specs:
G5C Synthetic 24/54 #82 handle Holiday Swirl

IMG_3597.jpeg

IMG_3598.jpeg

IMG_3600.jpeg
IMG_3599.jpeg

Ordered 2-29-24, in transit from Germany to Denver, twelve days. Looked to me it was never opened for customs’ inspection that probably never happened. Nothing to hide here. 😉

Bernd continues to make beautiful brushes!

View attachment 1824923
Is that new packaging with it in a cardboard tube? All my Shavemac brushes always came in a red box similar to Simpsons red rectangular box only with an additional sleeve as shown below. Are all the new brushes shipping in tubes?

proxy.php

Last edited:
As the Configurator was on its death bed, I ordered two new Shavemac brushes, both 22 mm, both D01, both flattops.

View attachment 1830644

I've not used ⬆︎ this brush ⬆︎ yet.

(I found it in my office mailbox yesterday.)

View attachment 1830645

The Red Dragon D01 three band has been used several times.

View attachment 1830647

I like it.

Happy shaves,

Jim
That doesn't look like a fan or flat top. Kind of looks like a Viking brush I bought off the B&B BST which had what they call a Samurai cut. Was this a custom option not on the configurator.

Top Bottom