What's new

Martin de Candre, Savon à raser

As soon as my wife said she wanted soap for Christmas, I jumped at the chance to just slide some MdC into the cart of a mysteriously popular French soap website. heheh... (I couldn't justify the shipping for just the shave soap a month ago)

I hope it arrives in time, they haven't shipped it yet, a couple days after ordering :\

I guess this a soap I will never be able to try. I just cant seem to justify the cost when it's just a lump of soap in a bowl. I am sure it's just as good as people say it is, but that price is just crazy.

Let me ask you one thing, would you pass up a date with Megan Fox
proxy.php

because she wanted to go to the most expensive restaurant in town?

A large jar will last 12 months + so the price does not seem that bad. The international postage is what kills you as the jar is so heavy. I was lucky enough to get two (2) jars for free when a very thankful girl friend who looks just like Bar Refaeli
proxy.php
went to Paris for a week.

Personally I think it is worth it.

MWF is $35.00 for 120g although Amazon sells it for $55.00 for the same size and Martin de Candre is $50 for 170g but is not available in the States so you have to order from France where the international postage adds a lot.

MWF is $35.00 for 120g although Amazon sells it for $55.00 for the same size and Martin de Candre is $50 for 170g but is not available in the States so you have to order from France where the international postage adds a lot.

The problem isn't the international postage, it's the "ridiculous and marked up to three times what it should actually cost" international postage. I have done quite a bit of international online shopping and never seen a shipping charge so outrageous!

For what it's worth, I benefited from LouieGrandie's luck and was able to pick up one of the jars his girlfriend bought him. :ouch1: It arrived today!

I had used a MdC sample I'd been PIF'd, and had been trying to figure out how to get around the darn shipping cost. Now that I've got it, I know exactly what they mean about this stuff lasting forever! The 170g jar is (1) HEAVY and (2) very densely packed. It takes so little of this soap to make a bowl of lather that it is easily worth every penny you pay!

A large jar will last 12 months + so the price does not seem that bad. The international postage is what kills you as the jar is so heavy.

Personally I think it is worth it.

I want to believe your words, sir. Although the shipping cost is not about the weight of package. It is all about maximum weight of package which is up to 1 kg. I added a "Le Domino" special edition of MdC which is 60gr and their shipping cost is $24. IMHO MdC is a perfect soap for a group buy.

P.S.: I like the photo of MF and also her:thumbup:

MdC is easy to justify. Just pretend that you are paying $55 for the soap and $9 shipping. I have a feeling if it was priced like this, there would be little complaining. Plus it comes in a bowl, and there's almost twice as much soap as your standard puck.

I just received my package (shaving soap, soaps for my wife), it arrived from France to Vancouver BC in about 6 business days. I'm floored. It takes like two weeks to get a package from Toronto :confused:

Holy hell this stuff lathers like crazy, and the result reminds me of IK but a bit more stiff. This could easily become my new favorite :)

Since shipping was so high, I decided to order two to make it more worth it. It ended up being 109 and shipped in about 6 business days. I used it a couple of times and I like it a lot. It's definitely different. It's on the light side but still performs quite well. It'll be part of my home rotation. I won't use it traveling because it is a pretty heavy glass container. I use Mama Bears for travel and that works out pretty good. With all the other soaps I have, I figure these two jars would probably last me over 10 years.

Top Bottom