What's new

Martin de Candre, Savon à raser

I recently joined a portuguese-spanish group-buy for obtaining this soap.
I'll be able to get it in the next few days. I hope I'll like it! :001_smile

Now the Martin de Candre shaving soap without flavor :

Martin de Candre presents you his Shaving soap Without Flavor(Perfume): the shaving soap which did not exist!!!

You were very many to ask to us for it.
Martin de Candre studied him(it) and made.
You were many to try him(it) and to estimate(appreciate) him(it).
Martin de Candre is very happy to take(bring) out this soap which is the answer in:
" Every day starts in the pain, I tried everything... "
" I find in no soap a product which does not irritate me... "
" The shaving is synonymic of irritations... "
" I have the quite red face and fire(light) of shaving numerous. "
" I do not shave myself more than once a week... "
" I am subject to red patches (by patches) and very unpleasant irritations.... "

Marco,
Fabulous review :thumbup1:. Unfortunately, shipping is more expensive to the US than the cost of the 170 g soap :sad:. Fortunately, I ordered it online ~2 weeks ago (for me and a couple of friends) and had it shipped to a friend/colleague in Paris (S/H €7), who will bring it to me when visiting in early January. Can't wait. I have already sampled some of this soap and it is exceptional indeed :thumbup1:

As I said before, I was able to acquire this soap on a Spanish-Portuguese group-buy, paying only ~€7 for S/H. I've taken a photo of the soap also, at arrival:

proxy.php

After a few days using this soap, I must say: this soap is FANTASTIC!!
Probably the best soap that I've tried, and I've tried quite a few soaps already. It is expensive, but it is worth every cent! :thumbup:

my wife got me some for christmas after i dropped lots of hints. unfortunately, it didn't make it in time for christmas. i'm hoping it will arrive this week.

:thumbup:

I ordered a travel size... ugh. Wish I had ordered the full size. They just look sooooooo nice. Same soap, though :wink2:

Sign me up for a group buy if one somehow comes together :blush:

i picked up a glass jar of 170 gram MdC lightly scented soap at Planet Razor last week. the place was just around the corner of the apartment where i was staying. nice shop but they were out of the travel size. i was told it could be a few months before they get restocked.

i have been a cream user for 15 years but the MdC soap may have changed all of that. it is excellent stuff & good for a quick one pass shave, sensitive skin & has a slight lavender odor. lathers up very well with my brushes. smaller brush sizes are better.

the link to planet razor;

http://www.planete-rasoir.com/EN/index.htm

Phenomenal lather, but the scent is really pretty repulsive, if you ask me. Smells like tincture of benzoin, the stuff we use at the hospital to help remove dressings/tape that is stuck to this skin. Just a horrible scent.

But wow! what a lather, and what a shave. Good enough that I might invest the big bucks to get the unscented kind. Seriously good.

Phenomenal lather, but the scent is really pretty repulsive, if you ask me. Smells like tincture of benzoin, the stuff we use at the hospital to help remove dressings/tape that is stuck to this skin. Just a horrible scent.

But wow! what a lather, and what a shave. Good enough that I might invest the big bucks to get the unscented kind. Seriously good.

I agree, the straight up smell is very medicinal, but it seems to mellow out on my face. I asked my wife to smell me after shaving, she said it was a "floral minty smell" and said it was very nice, perfect for spring.

I agree, the straight up smell is very medicinal, but it seems to mellow out on my face. I asked my wife to smell me after shaving, she said it was a "floral minty smell" and said it was very nice, perfect for spring.

I've always described the scent as "medicinal lavender" and it certainly isn't for everyone but boy does it create a beautiful, cushiony and slick lather. And the soap lasts a long time. If you are put off by the initial scent like I was too you might start to eventually associate the lather with the scent like I eventually did and now I like it. Go figure. :biggrin1:

+1

Question for our French friends - what are the postage costs like for domestic orders?

I paid 96 euros to ship 2 tubs from France to the People's republic. as I cannot remember the price off the top of my head (around 36 euros tub?) do the maths and work it out. Alas, the glass jar is where it really hurts. The quality of the soap (for me at least) is outstanding. I am a 90% cream devotee but for this soap, I will make an exception. It truly is a pleasure to shave with.

what we need is "the french connection"

some saintly B&B soul who wouldn't mind making some money on the side by getting MdC and hauling it out of france to a country with sane shipping rates and hooking the brothers up...

I use to pay $$$$ for a cartridge made by that company beginning with G and more $$ for a can of foam made by the same company.

The price for MdC is tiny compared to what I was paying..

And MdC is amazing.

I just paid $100 for at least years worth of top quality shave soap, thats worth every cent IMO.

My 0.02

Cheers

I have WAY too much soap + cream, but i gotta tell ya im starting to want a simpler den filled with just high end stuff. The reviews really are tempting me....first off, if we could pull off some kind of group buy on this stuff i would be DEFINITELY interested....second, if i decide to score some is this the kind of thing that people would say I could store indefinitely like a soap, it sounded like it was kind of a hard cream consistency.

I have WAY too much soap + cream, but i gotta tell ya im starting to want a simpler den filled with just high end stuff. The reviews really are tempting me....first off, if we could pull off some kind of group buy on this stuff i would be DEFINITELY interested....second, if i decide to score some is this the kind of thing that people would say I could store indefinitely like a soap, it sounded like it was kind of a hard cream consistency.

+1 I agree. This year I want to go for quality over quantity. I would definitely be interested in a group buy :thumbup:

Is anyone else having trouble trying to order online?

Nevermind was able to process.

Last edited:
R

rum

What we need is a "MdC Challenge" purely to see how long our 170g mega-pucks will last for. This thing is huge!!

Top Bottom