What's new

looking to purchase my first Simpson shaving brush!!

Duke 3 in Manchurian gets my vote. It has all the qualities you may look for in a 23-24mm sized handle brush along with an amazing knot from Simpsons. Also, Simpson offers great variety of different handles at the moment for the Duke 3.

I purchased a special based off of the feedback read here on the forum as it being the best bang for the buck. I've had it for six months the shedding has progressively gotten worse (10 hairs a day easy). I understand there are different grades of hair but I would imagine the glue or sealing process for the knot would be high quality regardless of the brush. Hopefully yours will fare better.

:shaving:Hello again Gents, I hope you all keep doing well!!! Finally my Colonel X2L arrived today.!! All I can say is What a gorgeous brush. :001_tt1: Very excited to shave with it. :badger:I will report back tomorrow!! :thumbup:View attachment 773805View attachment 773807

Congratulations ! I'm sure that you and the Colonel will get along quite well. Be sure to soak it in hot water for a few minutes before lathering up. So many different ways to enjoy this brush --- soaps, creams, "super lathers," face, bowl, and any combination. Experiment, have fun, and enjoy every shave !

Congratulations ! I'm sure that you and the Colonel will get along quite well. Be sure to soak it in hot water for a few minutes before lathering up. So many different ways to enjoy this brush --- soaps, creams, "super lathers," face, bowl, and any combination. Experiment, have fun, and enjoy every shave !
Adam 18, thank you so much for your very kind words, the colonel is truly a very handsome brush, and I absolutely agree with you!!! The brush performs beautifully with soaps and creams alike!! :thumbup:Cheers mate.

I just received mine as well. Shampooed it last night. Has some funk to it. Lathered with Tabac today and let it sit for a couple of hours and rinsed. 1st shave tomorrow.

What a beautiful and comfortable handle! My new favorite handle style. Pictures really don't do it justice.

I'm nervous about potential shedding I here about. But I wont even bother to count hairs until after a week.

I just received mine as well. Shampooed it last night. Has some funk to it. Lathered with Tabac today and let it sit for a couple of hours and rinsed. 1st shave tomorrow.

What a beautiful and comfortable handle! My new favorite handle style. Pictures really don't do it justice.

I'm nervous about potential shedding I here about. But I wont even bother to count hairs until after a week.
Greetings, congrats for your new brush!! Mine hasn't shed a single hair since I received, I also shampooed mine and I shaved yesterday for the first time!! I really like it, it has become my favorite brush, it has great backbone and very soft tips with just a very little scritchy feeling!! For the price I think It's an amazing brush and a great face lathering!! I hope you enjoy of great shaves with your new colonel and also that you don't have any shedding issues with it!! Keep in touch dear friend!! :thumbup:
20170311_161010.jpg

There seems to be a difference of opinion on the Duke shedding issue. If you are lucky enough to get a non-shedder, it is a simply superb brush. Had to throw mine away after couple of years as it shed so much it was clogging my sink. That is with maybe using it 4 to 6 times a month in rotation. I would never buy one again, but it was a great brush until it self-destructed.

Top Bottom