What's new

Gentlemanly Restraint Until Christmas (2013 Edition)

I'm in. This actually starts on my b-day so I have a question - with the gifts I get then I'm not out of the loop for opening any, right? I won't be getting any gift cards so I'm not worried about spending money, just want to make sure if I get some shaving related items (expecting/hoping for a couple!!) I'll be able to use them for the sabbatical. I didn't see anything in the rules that said we had to stick to one product or another (although I will be trying to do that as well :) )

Cheers,

M.

Okay let's clarify some things guys. Entering PIF's is considered okay. But if you already have a ton of stuff do you really need to enter PIF's or should you leave it to a new guy? So be considerate of that okay? As for gifts, yes this is fine. You could buy a gift for someone you know or even receive a gift. HOWEVER, you cannot solicit gifts from others. Don't ask another gent here to "gift" you some new stuff or convince SWMBO to pick you up some drug store AS while she's out. Obviously this is all based on your word. There's no prize for getting to the end besides some pride and camaraderie here in the thread. Which, IMO, is awesome. Hope that helps. Let me know what other questions you gents have.

Oh, and your exception item should be somewhat specific. I think "some blades" is cool if you aren't buying 1000 blades of 10 different types because you though it would be best to get free shipping at WCS. I don't think an exception of "in case of emergency" is specific enough though. Try to pickup any needed gear to get through ahead of time. That's part of the reason I pushed out the date as far as I did.

Also, I'll be updating the list tonight when I'm home. Much easier from the computer than on my iPhone. Thanks for everyone's participation! This is gonna be a fun thread!

Oh, and yah I don't think it would hurt to guide the family on what gifts you might want for Christmas. You don't wanna end up with 17 bottles of the VEG, 5 bottles of Aqua Velva and 2 cases of ARKO. Do you?!? :lol:

Oh, and yah I don't think it would hurt to guide the family on what gifts you might want for Christmas. You don't wanna end up with 17 bottles of the VEG, 5 bottles of Aqua Velva and 2 cases of ARKO. Do you?!? :lol:

Well, you decant the veg, return 4 out of the 5 bottles of AV, and try to find some biohazard disposal that will accept the arko cases...

Well, you decant the veg, return 4 out of the 5 bottles of AV, and try to find some biohazard disposal that will accept the arko cases...
More like keep the bottles of AV and toss the rest in the trashcan of whatever neighbor you like the least.

I would like to join.
My one exception: I was thinking of getting a custom Shavemac (24mm knot W/ a 50mm loft) Fan Shaped Finest Badger Brush made for my B-Day in November. Otherwise I have plenty of soap,blades,AS and razors to see me through.

What, do you have the best family EVER or something? :punk:

Oh, I just realised.

I DO have an exception. I joined a PIF a little while back, it's a "travelling box" of goodies. I may extract something from the box that I have not tried (either blades or soap), but I will be putting something back IN the box - my Muhle R41. So, a kind of reverse restraint if you like.

On the other hand, I have no idea when this box is due to arrive! If it arrives during the GRUC2013, that will be my exception. If it arrives before or after, who cares!

I have also decided to hell with it, I am now going to buy my Merkur slant plus another sample pack of blades and some soaps. They may not arrive before this restraint starts, but I will have purchased them before it starts. That counts, right?

The only thing I would need is blades, and I can get some between now and the 24th.

Count me in, no exceptions.

However, one question. If I have a deal in place for something, but I am getting it for free, and it shows up after the 24th, is that ok?

Top Bottom