What's new

Gentlemanly Restraint Until Christmas (2013 Edition)

Rock on brother! :punk:

Got an answer to my question so no exceptions for me either. I'm actually hoping to extend this through 2014. I'll know after this three month period is up whether or not I need to restock on any soaps but I think I'll be good.

Cheers,

M.

I'm entering the sabbatical on a high note. Just ordered up some nagura and bought a coticule last night off the BST. It's better to treewhale now and get it all out of my system than to treewhale in November and fail epically.

Not a lot of action today but I do have some updates to the list from PM's (which I need to respond to) and here in the thread. I'll get it up to date again tonight.

Fat chance!! My birthday is in October and throughout the Christmas season. You guys are nuts!

In all seriousness, good luck to all the participants.

Last edited:
Fat chance!! My birthday is in October and throughout the Christmas season. You guys are nuts!

In all seriousness, good luck to all the participants.
Thanks man! Just an FYI, those B-day gifts wouldn't count... and this is UNTIL Christmas so those gifts are good too.

So whats up... you in?? :a30: :devil:

THE LIST IS UP TO DATE.

I'm really looking forward to all the pre-restraint hauls and the pics from them. I'm going to be making my order with WCS in the next few days. Gotta pick up some WH and some MR soap for washing my face. Might pickup some Captain's Choice AS as well.

I'm entering the sabbatical on a high note. Just ordered up some nagura and bought a coticule last night off the BST. It's better to treewhale now and get it all out of my system than to treewhale in November and fail epically.
I saw that post about some naguras. You're not messin around! :lol:

Thanks man! Just an FYI, those B-day gifts wouldn't count... and this is UNTIL Christmas so those gifts are good too.

So whats up... you in?? :a30: :devil:

How about lending my girlfriend my credit card to purchase requested 'gifts'?

Haha. I just did the math and I've only been at it since May 7th. That's less than 5 months. I am not ready!! Not even close.

My collection would have you guessing otherwise. Is it difficult to create a wiki page for yourself? I'd love to create a log of all my products.

Also, do you need special privledges to make those long signatures with links and separate lines? I know HTML but haven't tested it yet.

How about lending my girlfriend my credit card to purchase requested 'gifts'?

Haha. I just did the math and I've only been at it since May 7th. That's less than 5 months. I am not ready!! Not even close.

My collection would have you guessing otherwise. Is it difficult to create a wiki page for yourself? I'd love to create a log of all my products.

Also, do you need special privledges to make those long signatures with links and separate lines? I know HTML but haven't tested it yet.
I was just joking. :laugh: As for wiki pages, I think its fairly easy to do but its been awhile since I created mine. Try clicking the link in my sig that says 'My wiki' and then click "User" at the top of the page. Should bring you to the list of folks that have a wiki created. Then click new thread. The thread title should autofill to your username. If it does, create it and start editing away. If it doesn't - well then I'm completely wrong so maybe try PM'ing Luc. He'll have the answer for ya.
Sorry for offtopic banter :X
There will likely be just a bit of off topic discussion in this thread. So no worries.

Count me in.

I have enough soap, AS and brushes to make it till then. I just got a nice deal on some classic razors as well so they'll be arriving soon too.

Only thing I'll be buying is Feather razor blades, I don't have enough for a three month supply. My GF will enjoy this as I've become a little obsessive lately.

I'm incredibly impressed with the number of no exception commitments we have right now. 13, which puts us at 50%.

I'm a "no exceptions" but I'll have 100 blades by next week, and I've got a year supply of shaving supplies already. After saying that, I realized I'm probably going to miss out on some holiday sales... Damn!

First, thanks to all of you for sharing your knowledge with me over the past few months and inspiring me to finally give DE shaving a shot. I've been really enjoying the new morning ritual. After acquiring some nice gear, I think it's probably a great time to enjoy using what I've got.
I'm in; no exceptions.

I'm incredibly impressed with the number of no exception commitments we have right now. 13, which puts us at 50%.

I wanted to be a no exception but it would mean me using a ten pack of razors for three months.:cursing: Forgive this insolence :a48:

I wanted to be a no exception but it would mean me using a ten pack of razors for three months.:cursing: Forgive this insolence :a48:
No not at all! You can have an exception, that's not a problem. I'm probably going to make mine a JNAT which is probably a bit extravagant but I may be at the point that I'm ready for one fairly soon. The point of my post was that I was simply impressed that we had a 50/50 mix. I figured it would be much less than that.

Top Bottom