What's new

DIY (Do It Yourself) Shave Gear!

"Travel brush" holder. Made from a used bottle for water (16oz.).

Attachments

• $image.jpg
    $image.jpg
    35.2 KB · Views: 671
Version 2 that "includes" a DE razor holder (ok so it sits on top of heavy packing paper :tongue_sm).

Attachments

• $image.jpg
    $image.jpg
    34.3 KB · Views: 618
Really great stuff guys! Here's my version of the Altoids travel tin! $IMG_20140922_140925_1.jpg$IMG_20140922_140831_1.jpg Crown Royal bag worked perfectly and since CR are my initials had to cut out the letters!

Attachments

• $IMG_20140922_140854_1.jpg
    $IMG_20140922_140854_1.jpg
    89.3 KB · Views: 530
Last edited:

This is my brush stand. I normally only buy glass Coke bottles imported from Mexico because they contain cain sugar. The bottles have a nice weight and are stable, so I used one of those and a Gear Tie reusable rubber twist the that I bought at the Home Depot for the holder. All of these supplies cost me not more than $3, so I saved quite a bit and got a nice, cold drink as well

Last edited by a moderator:
WCS shave stick container makes a great travel case for a 3 piece razor, plus if you remove the center screw, you can fit a plastic blade dispenser in it, the kind that has the blade bank on the bottom. I made a sleeve for the razor handle from a beer coozie to take up space and stop the contents from moving and rattling around.
$20141003_171310.jpg$20141003_171324.jpg

This is my brush stand. I normally only buy glass Coke bottles imported from Mexico because they contain cain sugar. The bottles have a nice weight and are stable, so I used one of those and a Gear Tie reusable rubber twist the that I bought at the Home Depot for the holder. All of these supplies cost me not more than $3, so I saved quite a bit and got a nice, cold drink as well

Our best friend just got married a couple weeks ago. He and his bride have both come to share our passion for missions in Mexico. So for months now, we've been saving empty Mexican Coke bottles (I sometimes buy them by the case), and they used them for centerpieces. I'll definitely be sharing your picture with them.

Our best friend just got married a couple weeks ago. He and his bride have both come to share our passion for missions in Mexico. So for months now, we've been saving empty Mexican Coke bottles (I sometimes buy them by the case), and they used them for centerpieces. I'll definitely be sharing your picture with them.

In order to save a little space, I made another out of one of the shorter bottles. I also thought about using a Red Stripe beer bottle because they're fatter and heavier than these shorter Coke bottles, and thus would be a little more stable. I'm just going to have to buy a 6-pack and try it out...

made these last year:

Simpsons chubby style handle. Made out of cherrywood. The knot is 24mm black badger from the golden nib

proxy.php

After looking up various wood grains, i couldn't find what it was. The guy at Rockler said it was some type of south american cut. 28mm silvertip from the golden nib

proxy.php

Spinning stand for 5 brushes

proxy.php

proxy.php

put a 'lazy susan' mechanism at the bottom.

proxy.php

thank you sirs!

I drew inspiration from another poster to make these OS mug lids. I went ahead and drew the ship on them as well.

i made this brush and holder for a friend of mine last year. Brush is cherry wood and the stand is osage orange.

it takes me a while to make them, since i don't have a lathe. I just use a dremel and hand sanding.

thank you sirs!

I drew inspiration from another poster to make these os mug lids. I went ahead and drew the ship on them as well.

i made this brush and holder for a friend of mine last year. Brush is cherry wood and the stand is osage orange.

it takes me a while to make them, since i don't have a lathe. I just use a dremel and hand sanding.
wow!

My brother in law (who i converted to DE shaving) bought this mug and when he saw the OS mugs, asked me if i could make him a lid for his.

Top Bottom