What's new

DIY (Do It Yourself) Shave Gear!

Sure, we can all hope online or run down to a local vendor and pick up shaving supplies. But are you one of those who can "build a better mousetrap"? Or maybe you just want to craft an item because you can! This is the place to post your pics! Show us what you have done, creatively speaking. Whether it's a brush stand, a brush, shelving, whatever, share your invention by posting here. Please, whenever possible, upload your pics to the B&B Gallery rather than hosting from an outside source.

Randy

**Edit** In my haste to post this, I failed to recognize Kyle Stoner and TraderJoe as being the instigators of this idea. Gents, great idea! Now, let's put it to use!

I did not make these, they were done by my lady! It was my only shaving related Christmas gift. So if you are wondering how to decorate the ol' shave den, try this...

full

One is a SOTD pic and the other of three Shavemac brushes, filtered through Photoshop, printed and framed for hanging!

Randy

Last edited by a moderator:
I made this over the holiday break. It holds my brush and razor, and the top cap has a slit cut in it, so it is also a blade bank! The bottom cap has a hole for drainage/air circulation. I saw a little ceramic barber pole stand/blade bank on eBay, and thought I could make a better looking one.
full

full

I plan on adding a shelf at the bottom to put my bowl, and replacing the clips with pre-made plastic-coated clips that are a better fit. (I hand-dipped these clips in plasti-dip) The brush clip is a little tight, so the pre-made one will be better, plus it is white, rather than black.

I apologize for the cruddy pics, I'll take better ones this weekend.

That barber pole razor and brush rack is SUPER nice looking!

Someone had a post in another thread about a "coat" for their HD. Back when I first started properly wetshaving, I had seen the cases for the Merkurs, but didn't want to wait on shipping, so I went to Michaels craft store and bought some leather and a magnetic purse snap. The final product (case) I made looks like this:

full

Well.

Here is my feeble attempt at a shave den.
Its in my bathroom.
Enjoy :cool:
More photos later...if I can resize and compress

Blair,

Any details on how you "sewed" that up?

Randy

I guess there are fancy punches for that sort of thing, but I used a small nail to punch fairly equal distance holes all around the edges, then took two needles and some heavier (but not waxed) thread and kinda did like lacing shoes so that I had nice, even stitching on both sides.

The purse clasp just has two prongs that fold back to hold it on, and I cut a small piece of leather to sew over the prongs so they wouldn't show on the outer cover.

(Edit: the reason I used the purse clasp is I don't have a fancy rivet punch to put in a real snap. :wink: )

I made this over the holiday break. It holds my brush and razor, and the top cap has a slit cut in it, so it is also a blade bank! The bottom cap has a hole for drainage/air circulation. I saw a little ceramic barber pole stand/blade bank on eBay, and thought I could make a better looking one.
full

full

I plan on adding a shelf at the bottom to put my bowl, and replacing the clips with pre-made plastic-coated clips that are a better fit. (I hand-dipped these clips in plasti-dip) The brush clip is a little tight, so the pre-made one will be better, plus it is white, rather than black.

I apologize for the cruddy pics, I'll take better ones this weekend.

VERY COOL!

Top Bottom