What's new

TOBS Sandalwood is better than I thought

I started wet DE shaving a little over a year ago. Watched videos, read a bit on this forum. I bought a Weber 23c and TOBS sandalwood to start. I bowl lathered. It worked, but I never really got great lather. So, over time I changed gradually, and bought some croaps, such as Sterling Lavender and sage, and a bowl of Cella. I changed to face lathering to better understand the lather, and switched to boar brushes from badger. Gradually I got better and better. I switched to a Weber stainless steel razor, which turns out to be a bit more aggressive. So, for the fun of it I pulled out the old tub of TOBS I started with. I gave a few swirls in the tub of my soaked and squeezed Omega boar and loaded it. I face lathered and shaved. Truly terrific stuff. Just peaks of slick lathery goodness. Now that I know how to do it the product did what it was supposed to do. So, I guess I can lather with creams now and do well. Amazing what some experience and technique will do.

Glad the Sandalwood TOBS works well for you, thats one I have not tried yet, will have to add to my wish list.
One of my favorite of the TOBS line is the Grapefruit, just an awesome citrus cream, good products and a favorite of many B&B'ers.

Exactly what I started wet shaving with, TOBS sandalwood and 23C. Most TOBS creams I've tried are fantastic, especially the sandalwood.

Exactly what I started wet shaving with, TOBS sandalwood and 23C. Most TOBS creams I've tried are fantastic, especially the sandalwood.

I just think it is interesting how much my technique has changed. Now that I can do it, and know what a good lather feels like, I will go back to a few of the products I started with just to see how they do. I have a tube of Proraso Red sitting below the counter I haven't touched for 6 months. I will give it a try too! Still a big soap fan, with Cella, Razorock XXX, and Stirling.

I'm down to my very last shave on a tub of this that I bought a year ago, along with TOBS Grapefruit.
I'd buy the Grapefruit again (down the road, after trying various other things) -- but not the Sandalwood.
I've had enough of the scent by this time.

I bought this after watching a video on youtube, and couldn't believe how well this lathered (I was using Prorasso at the time.)  I like the scent and and glad I got it.  Of course, I found out later that all the TOBS I tried lathered easily.

TOBS Sandalwood is one of the first "fancy" creams I bought as I was starting to up my shaving game. I loved the sent and lather - very luxurious. I remember at the time noticing that TOBS products had alcohol, which I find a little drying and stinging. However, I just looked at the ingredients again - no alcohol. Maybe they changed or I remembered it wrong. Can't wait to try again.

Top Bottom