What's new

Taylor

How does the Taylor of Old Bond Street perform? Have not tried any creams that I am aware. Is it alright to face lather with creams? What kind of soap would you compare it to? Thanks for your time.

ouch

Stjynnkii membörd dummpsjterd
They're one of the better, and better priced, of the high end creams.

captp

Pretty Pink Fairy Princess.
The 2 TOBS creams I've tried, Lavender and Lemon Lime, are both excellent, as is their soap. Very good scents and as good as soap or cream gets.

So TOBS Mr. Taylor's was the first cream I shaved with that wasn't canned goo. When I first wet shaved (which wasn't that long ago...December that is) I bowl lathered and got pretty good results. However, when I started face lathering that is when the luxuriousness of the TOBS really showed itself. When face lathering I can get the lather just perfect and it is slick with plenty of cusion. It also just feels very rich and thick on my face. TOBS in a bowl is great...TOBS on the face is so much better!

So TOBS Mr. Taylor's was the first cream I shaved with that wasn't canned goo. When I first wet shaved (which wasn't that long ago...December that is) I bowl lathered and got pretty good results. However, when I started face lathering that is when the luxuriousness of the TOBS really showed itself. When face lathering I can get the lather just perfect and it is slick with plenty of cusion. It also just feels very rich and thick on my face. TOBS in a bowl is great...TOBS on the face is so much better!

Thank you for this. Might be giving this an order next month while I still have a trial of Amazon prime.

I think their peppermint cream is one of the best on the market, especially once price is factored in. I have been less enamored of the other TOBS creams I've tried, which include lavender, avocado and rose. Admittedly, those are all older formulations.

I cannot knock my TOBS products. I have two creams (Sandalwood and Lavender). Both smell divine (particularly the lavender), both lather really well and provide a slick shave. What more could I ask for really?

They are about middle-of-the-road, in my book. They do make a couple of creams that have wowed me, however. Firstly, Peppermint is outstanding. Everything from latherability, to performance, to scent, to price, is excellent. Their avocado cream smells awful, but it is a very good cream, from a performance perspective. One of their best, in that regard. I am also a fan of their Almond. Compared to GFT and DRH equivalents, it performs just as well, and is less expensive.

I don't care for their Lavender. It's kind of weird, compared to the other lavenders that I have tried. Their Sandalwood is a bit more sweet and floral than some other sandalwoods that I have tried, which can be either good or bad, depending on preference. Grapefruit smells amazing, but doesn't agree with my skin. If you are ok with citrus creams, I would suggest giving it a try.

Odd man out here. Particularly dislike the aromas of their Rose and their Lavender. Performance OK, but nowhere as good as Truefitt + Hill creams, in my experience. The only TOBS I keep in the rotation is the Grapefruit. Performs quite well, and the aroma is like grilled grapefruit, if you can imagine such a thing.

I went through a Trumper sample pack, and I was similarly unimpressed. Harris and T+H work the best for me in the cream world, but I'm weird.

Taylor's creams are fabulous! Excellent quality and selection.
Get yourself a variety of samples and spend a few weeks trying and enjoying.

$tobs samples dec 4 2013-1185-Edit.jpg

Really like the grapefruit and the coconut. I tried the avocado and was not overly impressed with the scent. The performance is fool proof. Super easy to get a great slick lather.

Top Bottom