What's new

Group Buy: Feather AC RG Non-Folding Razors

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello all,

I have a source for Feather Artist Club RG non-folding razors. These are NOT the Feather AC DX non-folding razors you see on Classic Shaving. They are identical to the DX razors except the blade holder is Solid Brass and plated in Satin Finished Chromium instead of Stainless Steel. Also, the RG razor doesn't come with a case like the DX version, which can be annoying. Lastly, the paperwork is in Japanese. But I can fix that because I have the English instructions and I can just make copies and include it in the package. My source also has Feather Professional Super blades.

The great thing is the price. Appleton Barber Supply sells the foldable AC RG for $80 + shipping and ClassicShaving sells the non-folding AC DX for $200 + shipping. These non-folding AC RG razors will be for $93.50 shipped CONUS each and $98.50 shipped worldwide each (this includes PayPal fees). I'm still working out a bulk price on the blades but expect it to be $10 per 20-blade box. You'll just add it to the shipped razor price.

You'd have to pay first before I order one for you. He doesn't keep many of these razors in stock so it'll be 5 business days for him to get my order from Feather. Trying to keep the overall price down, it'll be 7-10 business days to get everything to me. From there I'll ship Priority Mail for CONUS shipments and First Class for worldwide shipments. In other words, it could be 3 weeks for US buyers and 4 weeks for int'l buyers to get their razor and blades.

If you're interested, PM me.

Thank you to the Mods for allowing me to do this here. :thumbup1:

full

Last edited by a moderator:
Telly,
I don't mean to poo-poo this, but a feather razor, without the ability to shield the blade (like the folding one) with no case? THAT is scary. :eek: :eek: :eek:

Telly,
I don't mean to poo-poo this, but a feather razor, without the ability to shield the blade (like the folding one) with no case? THAT is scary. :eek: :eek: :eek:

I know.. I've been looking at options. I thought I'd still open the Group Buy until I found something that worked..

Regarding a case/box, from my contact:
Feather customer service told me that Artist Club DX is sold with the case but Artist Club RG is with the paper box as a standard. Razors are sterilized with ethanol every time and Japanese users don't feel necessity in the case, he said. The reason why Artist Club DX is in a case is to show DX as a high quality product.

That being said, I've included pictures of the paper box. It's a little tricky because if the blade is installed, the blade might get dulled by rubbing against the box. I just remove the blade but that can be tedious.

Everything's a go. I've taken my time because I wanted to be as certain and transparent as possible. If you're still willing to purchase the razor/blades, PM me for payment details. Thanks.

I shipped all the orders out today. I can get a few more if anyone else didn't jump in the first time around. PM if interested.

Great news! It looks like we'll be getting the Feather DX cases after all. My connect spoke to Feather about it and they're working it out. I'll keep you posted.

Telly, Is there anything concerning a buy for the blades?.... since I have folding version already, I would have been interested in blades at a better price than Classic.

Telly, Is there anything concerning a buy for the blades?.... since I have folding version already, I would have been interested in blades at a better price than Classic.

It depends on how many I'd be buying. If there are many buyers, I may get them for a good price. I sold them for $10 shipped before because they were purchased with the razors. Sans razor, they might be more expensive.

My contact got a response from Feather - they're willing to sell just the razor cases. I got the cost for the DX razors: $9.50 -- $6.00 per case + $3.00 for First Class shipping + .50 for PayPal fees. I have to order them in multiples of 12 so the more the merrier! Thanks.

Well, Feather has changed its mind. They will no longer provide the actual DX cases. I won't tell you what I really think of they backing out on a previously agreed upon purchase. :cursing: Instead, they can provide this, and not even at a cheaper price! I can barely tell what it is but it looks like a cover for only the blade holder end.

If you still want the razor but without the blade holder, simply subtract $9.50 from your total. I'm sorry about this.

I'd like to get all razor and/or case orders paid for by tonight so I could send the order in tomorrow. Thanks.

A new wave of members has come since the last window closed (and some that took advantage may have lost their razor by now!) any word on round two? (half serious) :blushing:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom