What's new

YOWCH! I won't do THAT again!

All right Earl, ignore my earlier recommendation and get a stick of Arko.

After trying my stick this morning with only a finger lather it works great. I think it may be what you can toss in the rig and forget. I shower shave and showered, rub Arko on face for a minute or 3. Put stick down and lightly & quickly rub your fingers over the soaped areas, in a minute or two you have a damn nice lather that may not be as thick but every bit as slick as a brush lather. I think if you give it a couple practice runs its hard to beat for price, size, packability, and lather. If size is and issue cut it in half as I understand an Arko stick is good for about 6 months. If you need a stick let me know as I think I have an extra around, seems perfect for the Stops.

Jay

Oh I'll probably try ordering a stick online somewhere -- too bad it isn't locally available.

Currently, I have a VDH brush, and one from Superior Brushes right here in Clovis. Since getting the Superior one, I can hardly use the old VDH brush, so I guess another $30 brush specifically for the truck kit is in my near future.

Last edited:
Hi Earl, I can understand about not wanting a wet brush in your shave kit. Have you tried the yellow can of barbasol yet?. It has lanolin in it and it gives a great shave. Plus it's under $2 per can and available at most local stores.

Clayton

I use an empty medicine container for my brush when I travel. It's a huge container and my Omega boar fits into it perfectly.

Oh I'll probably try ordering a stick online somewhere -- too bad it isn't locally available.

Currently, I have a VDH brush, and one from Superior Brushes right here in Clovis. Since getting the Superior one, I can hardly use the old VDH brush, so I guess another $30 brush specifically for the truck kit is in my near future.

Omega boar brushes are excellent and they are just a few dollars more than the VDH brush.

I have 2 Omega brushes and I love them both. :thumbup:

Well -- I looked at Arko online and the stick itself was pretty inexpensive, something on the order of $1.50 -- but shipping for TWO of them was right at $5.00! Guess I'll wait a little bit until I need more than a simple shaving stick to order them.

As for a brush -- I have the advantage that Superior Brushes is local to me, and I can drive down to the shop and pick one out according to how it actually feels in my hand. Big advantage, in my opinion.

I'll be off the board for a few days -- I'm leaving now for Big Spring, Texas to get a load of new empty soda bottles. Taking them to Denver, to deliver on Tuesday, then getting a load of soda pop to take to Durango, Colorado for delivery on Wednesday. I'm hoping I can come straight back home from there, but the incoming snow storm will "tell the tale", so to speak.

Top Bottom