What's new

YouTube Series Format?

YouTube Series Format?

• Old Man Teaching Young Man?

• Off-Camera Narration?

• Something Else (Specify)?

• You're Nuts, Forget It.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Great job on the video :thumbup1: - nicely done, and certainly helpful for a newcomer like myself.

Would definitely love to see more of the same but with a DE razor :biggrin:

Thanks everyone for your comments! Based on the feedback, I'm doing the following:

Breaking down the original video into four discrete segments: Intro (the original first 6 minutes or so up through products, brushes and razors, and general technique. It'll also have more discussion of the "Zen" and pleasure of traditional wetshaving), Lathering, Shaving, and Aftershave Care.

Re-shooting some of the lathering segment to be more consistant (using the same cream when generating lather with a boar brush and a badger brush). Also reshooting some of the shaving segment for a more even/slower shaving pace and going through a four-pass shave.

Adding some additional video with close-ups of lathering and shaving.

"Tightening" and "brightening" the narration.

It'll probably take me a week or so to make the changes, then I'll post a link to "take two." :cool: Interestingly, there have been 300+ views of the video so far. :w00t:

I do indeed plan to make several, more in-depth, productions: proper shave prep and aftershave care, brushes, DE razors, misc. techniques (brush pre-charging, blade buffing, J-hooking, etc.), Method shaving, and straight razor shaving. As "hot topics" arise on the discussion boards, I may do a "video blog" with my take on the issue.

--Mark

Very nicely done. The only thing I can think of is to do some frontal views, if they could be done. Might be helpful to all the newbies.

M

member 1211

I'm a huge fan of these videos! It's why i'm here, and why I've switched!

Top Bottom