What's new

Your Top 3 Most Complimented Colognes

For me it's:

1) D&G The One

2)Bleu De Chanel

3) Aqua Velva Musk ( My wife just loves this)

If I had to add a fourth, I would say it was Dior Au Sauvage

Why does nobody like Gucci Por Homme II?

i know the longevity is to long for, but my lady loves it!

value is Insurrection Pure

Domenico Caraceni 1913. Not many occasions it's suitable to, but it never fails to attract compliments.

Eight & Bob. I recently wore a couple of sprays to dinner in a hotel restaurant and an employee of the hotel followed me to my room to ask what I was wearing. Had to share the story and a small sample I was traveling with.

Farmacia's Ambra Nera. Powerful, one-spray, almost narcotic vanilla-based frag. I've had people walking around at dinner parties with their noses in the air until they tracked me down to find out what I was wearing.

1. Creed Silver Mtn Water
2. Chanel Allure Homme Edition Blanche
3. LIDGE
4. Cartier Declaration
5. Creed Aventus

these are awesome - so why do I keep buying more?

Aventus

Bleu de Chanel

Green Irish Tweed

Also - been told many times that Eau des Baux smells like french toast. Not sure if its a compliment, but I've heard it enough.

Hugo Boss - Hugo
Porsche The essence - Porsche Design
Bravdo - Alfred Lane

Out of my nine EDT's those three are the most commonly complimented.

1. Versace Pour Homme (by a long shot)
2. Chanel Platinum Egoiste (my all time fav)
3. Thierry Mugler Pure Malt

I will add that many like tea scents, as well. Gucci Pour Homme II and Hanae Mori H.I.M. are also loved by the ladies.

I got a lot, I mean A LOT of compliments when I wore REALM back in the '90s. Its one of those pheromone colognes, and I will vouch that it worked quite well for meeting women. And they would say out loud "YOU SMELL GREAT!" I went through a lot of bottles back then. I would buy it at Macy's, since they were the only store carrying it at the time.

I stopped using it when I fell on hard financial times and couldn't afford to go out much. When I got back on my feet in 2005, I ordered some more REALM, but they must have reformulated it or something. The cologne still smells the same to me, but the compliments stopped. Now, you can buy it through several online vendors, sometimes Sears has it, and I've even gotten some at Walgreens.

I've also gotten some compliments when I wear Tabac EdC/EdT ... but these are more non-verbal compliment, like a smile and a touch on the arm. That still counts, right?

I guess most folks around me don't have the guts to approach me with a comment (good or bad), as I rarely hear anything about whichever fragrance I happen to be wearing. The only unsolicited (and non-wife) comment I received recently was during a haircut when the stylist was curious. That day, it was Givenchy Gentlemen Only.

Top Bottom