What's new

Your Top 3 Most Complimented Colognes

So far for me it has been:

1. Gillette Cool Wave AS splash
2. Amouage Lyric Man and Jubilation XXV (tie)
3. Modern English Leather

While I do not dislike any, with the possible exception of the Cool Wave, they certainly do not conflate with my personal faves or self-perception of "best." For example, I really like vintage Fahrenheit, but have been told twice by an Asian co-worker when wearing it that I smelled like Durian.
i often wear rather expensive, niche fragrances, but am as likely to have my wife compliment Cool Wave as anything else in my cupboard. The ones most likely to get compliments outside of the house are;

• Montale Patchouli Leaves
  • Creed Aventus
  • Creed Windsor
The other that gets a lot of positive feedback is L'Air du Desert Marocain by Andy Tauer.

Pen's English Fern

Pen's Sartorial

Domenico Caraceni 1913 (in VERY small doses - what a powerful edt this one is!)

Lately, it's been Prada Luna Rossa. A great cold weather scent.

:thumbup:This is highly complimented on me as well. Interesting that you like it as a cold weather scent. I have always viewed it as more of a spring/summer scent. I have worn it in the winter and I will say that it is definitely strong enough to cut through the cold air. I just prefer scents that have tobacco, incense, leather, amber, woody notes, etc for cold weather. As they say different strokes for different folks!

For me, the most complimented colognes I own are Nautica Voyage. Next is Tommy by Tommy Hilfiger, and Curve in the original golden tin. Depending on the time of year it is, the last two switch places. Nevertheless, Nautica Voyage is always complimented. :001_smile

Warmer months:
1.) Chanel Platinum Egoiste
2.) Bleu De Chanel
3.) Creed Aventus

Colder months:
1.) Yves Saint Laurent La Nuit de l`Homme
2.) Dior Homme Intense
3.) Yves Saint Laurent L`Homme

Apparently Old Spice is great on me but I seldom touch it anymore.
Having recently 'discovered' Stetson, I've had no negativity from it.
Aqua Velva Musk, has LONG been something people say 'suits me'.

:thumbup:This is highly complimented on me as well. Interesting that you like it as a cold weather scent. I have always viewed it as more of a spring/summer scent. I have worn it in the winter and I will say that it is definitely strong enough to cut through the cold air. I just prefer scents that have tobacco, incense, leather, amber, woody notes, etc for cold weather. As they say different strokes for different folks!

I had initially thought of it as a warm weather scent, too, but there is something about it's crispness that just seems to "work" in colder temps.

Not in any particular order:

- Dior Homme Intense (especially during the cold winter evenings)
- Chanel Allure Homme Sport
- Cool Water / Acqua di Gio - Many turn their noses at these fragrances because it seems that everyone has a bottle. However, ladies complement these two like no other.

Making a few updates since the weather has changed and getting cooler:

- Dior Homme Intense - Although I do not wear it often as I much prefer it for formal/suit/sports coats events, it remains the runaway winner for complements
- Terre d'Hermes EdP
- Dolce & Gabbana The One

My 3 favorites are:

1) Roma by Laura Biagiotti
2) Very Valentino
3) Gucci Guilty and 1 Million by Paco Rabanne (tied for 3rd)

The one my lady really likes on me the most, but I'm not as crazy about is Fahrenheit by Dior.

Top Bottom