What's new

Your Top 3 Most Complimented Colognes

I hadn't worn it in 25 years since I was in high school, but I saw it on a thread here, and bought a bottle of Canoe. Wife comes home: "Gee you smell good." Been getting compliments steady, even by some woman I'd never met, at the liquor store. Guess sometimes retro and cheap are good things?

1. Very sex for men -Victoria secret
2. D&G-light blue
3. A tie Ed hardy love and luck ,Nautica Blue

I used to wear Polo blue until it got so popular and I got tired of smelling like other men. All 4 of the fragrances I listed have always gotten my compliments and they all have a clean smell. Light blue is probably my most complimented scent now, but overall I cannot wear very sect without a "you smell nice".

Not a cologne, but the mixture of Pitralon Classic and Cella Eau de Lavande has gotten me the most compliments so far.

To be clear, I don't mean mixing in the bottle; I first apply the Pitralon AS, and then the Cella cologne.

Mont Blanc Legend Intense for a night out, I use the same scent but the lighter regular Intense for deodorant and body spray.

Most cologne is designed to attract men into buying it, you need something a little more floral (like a perfume :blink: ) but still masculine to attract the opposite sex.

Dimitri

Tabac never fails to get response from strangers.
My missus loves Ogallala Bay Rum cologne.
Aqua by Bvlgari is mine but I only wear it once a year or so.

Most cologne is designed to attract men into buying it, you need something a little more floral (like a perfume :blink: ) but still masculine to attract the opposite sex.
Dimitri

Interesting. I have not observed that to be true. I guess it just depends on the woman. I'm almost never complimented when I wear anything with a strong floral note.

I do find that it very much varies by age group.

Women under 25: Aquatics, Citruses, anything sweet, and 80s powerhouses (they weren't around to smell them first time so they don't smell out of date). They often will compliment anything not excessively powdery.
Women 25-40: Citruses & whatever is fashionable (ouds at the moment).
Women 40-60: Varies. Citruses are a safe bet. Classic manly chypres (e.g. Aramis, Grey Flannel, Yatagan) often work.
Women over 60: 80s powerhouses and classic manly chypres (e.g. Aramis, Grey Flannel, Yatagan).

TexLaw

Fussy Evil Genius
In no particular order:

- D.R. Harris Arlington
- Stirling Margaritas in the Arctic
- Stirling Gin & Tonic

Agar Aura's Marrakesch. Invariably, I'll be asked, "have you been burning incense? Something smells really good." Nothing else has garnered a response.

Top Bottom