What's new

Your rarest razor

I had forgotten about this thread. I found this one last weak.

2017-09-16 17.04.36.jpg

2017-09-16 17.06.20.jpg

2017-09-16 17.07.49.jpg

I think my rarest DE razor is the Gillette Big Boy in Gold plating. Rarest SE might be the OBLYC or other Gem blade compatible early European wedge blade razor.

This thread deserves a bump. I can't believe I've never seen it!

I guess my rarest Gillette is the Red tip rocket. I will post pictures when it's back from it's replate.

Thse would be my 2 rarest (until I find that Darwin)...

Danish RAADVAD Mejeskaer 3-piece open comb from the 1940s - renovated by CAP (posted earlier in this thread also)
DCF05F46-F44C-4072-AB96-B0571757F5E2.jpeg

Apollo Mikron adjustable:
B358DD3A-186F-4A7F-8E77-D6618558E3E1.jpeg

Last edited:
Didn't know that Raadvad was that rare. Nice replate. Here's mine, boxed:
proxy.php

proxy.php

Rarer probably is this Balljointed Plaisir, the only one I can find is my own:
proxy.php

Same with the Neo-Ra. NeoRas, NeoLux, NeoGam, all easily found. NeoRa however ...
proxy.php

proxy.php

So far I consider this my rarest. The biggest irony is that it was part of a razor lot which I was looking at for another razor in the lot but thought it was an interesting looking New Improved. Turned out to be a Cavalier.

c2a.JPG
c2b.JPG

Didn't know that Raadvad was that rare. Nice replate. Here's mine, boxed:
proxy.php

proxy.php

:w00t::a47::a46::001_tt1::001_tt1: - I want this!!! Never saw this box before. Wow. Sir, if you ever run out of space in your den...

(Incidentally, mine is not a replate, CAP just polished it up!)

Last edited:
Maybe it's the Canadian #175 Reverse-stud Goodwill razor head which, sadly, was paired with some mystery handle by the time I found it in the wild.
wiki-asset

The handle that came with mine looks nothing like the above shown in in the B&B wiki.
Not even the right colour.

Now the challenge is to figure out what the handle belongs with.

That was a remarkable thing. I had an unboxed one, came to me in a razorlot, with a bent topcap. This annoyed me: I collect slants, and they have to be in a shave-ready condition. I figured I could at least try and shave with it, but that turned out to be wrogn. Horrible shave.
So I figured: let's see if I can find a good one, fired up ebay, entered raadvad and lo! There was a boxed one in great condition as a BIN. I did not hesitate.

That was a remarkable thing. I had an unboxed one, came to me in a razorlot, with a bent topcap. This annoyed me: I collect slants, and they have to be in a shave-ready condition. I figured I could at least try and shave with it, but that turned out to be wrogn. Horrible shave.
So I figured: let's see if I can find a good one, fired up ebay, entered raadvad and lo! There was a boxed one in great condition as a BIN. I did not hesitate.

Wow. Well done, it never even entered my mind that such a razor would make it all the way to Ebay. As said, never saw it before and never heard it spoken of here in Denmark (where the Raadvad brand is very well known as a local high quality cutlery brand). Raadvad knives were even at one point manufactured at a Raadvad factory in my small hick hometown - Now I wonder if the razors were ever made there...

Thanks for clarifying.

Have yet to see another example of this hand made 1920s German Gebr. Lang razor.
proxy.php
proxy.php

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Top Bottom