What's new

Your rarest razor

I get asked this question alot, I think mine is this old type. I have only seen one other in the same case but the razor was not the same as mine.

Nice idea for a thread, Mike.

Mine used to be a gorgeous Regent Tech set (the new owner will come along soon enough) but now, I guess the only rarity I own is my #15 Traveler: not for the razor but for the set as a whole. Runner up would be my Rhodium Executive set. I still don't see an awful lot of them.

Last edited:

Legion

Staff member
I don't really set out to collect "rare" razors but I did find a Gillette Bulldog in my collection a few weeks ago that had been floating around in a draw without me knowing what it was. That was cool. :001_smile

I don't know if it's this one edit: oops, that's the one I don't have any more. I don't think I took any pics of it's replacement.
proxy.php

or this one
proxy.php

or possibly even this strange little guy
proxy.php

this thread has copious amounts of awesome! :drool:

Indeed. You guys have immaculate razor sets. Some of them look brand new. :drool:

edit:
amish...stories please! And you've had at least two red dots pass into your hands? :thumbup1:
Don't want to hijack this thread here, and I'm pretty sure they each have their own threads - but yes. The first red dot was advertised as a D1 fatboy, and had plenty pics to identify it. Won that one and about a week later spotted that red dot toothy 'grin' in a blurry pic in a listing with no description. Long story short, the first red dot got sent to an undisclosed location for undisclosed compensation.:tongue_sm

Last edited:
easily mine is my 1903/1904 Double Ring. Pat applied for and no serial code, means this is one of the first 55,000 razors ever made by Gillette

I have been incredibly fortunate in the short time since the passion for razors was kindled.

Setting here in my undisclosed location I'm thinking of the meaning of rarest. If it is beauty and style then texbilly has named my most rare razor....the Regent Tech set. Thank you Sir.

picture.php

If a different measure is used...say unique razor design, then the Red Dot I got from amishmotorboat could be noted as among the rare. Thank you Sir.

If yet another measure was used...say number of other razors like mine, then I would have to say my serial numbered Toggle may take the title of rarest at my undisclosed location. For the only mate I know of is in Berlin at Achim's.

attachment.php

Last edited:
I have been incredibly fortunate in the short time since the passion for razors was kindled.

Setting here in my undisclosed location I'm thinking of the meaning of rarest. If it is beauty and style then texbilly has named my most rare razor....the Regent Tech set. Thank you Sir.

If a different measure is used...say unique razor design, then the Red Dot I got from amishmotorboat could be noted as among the rare. Thank you Sir.

If yet another measure was used...say number of other razors like mine, then I would have to say my serial numbered Toggle my take the title of rarest at my undisclosed location. For the only mate I know of is in Berlin at Achim's.

Tom, I knew you'd be reporting in. You certainly have some gems, my friend! :thumbup1:

Mike, I think rarity can be defined as either "one of a very few in existence" or "one of the best of its kind". This thread is illustrating both.

Compared to the rest of the thread, I am but a commoner. :lol:
But I'd wager I'm the only guy on my street that uses a DE.

So that's somewhat rare.

Top Bottom