What's new

Your rarest razor

IMG_3997.JPG
IMG_4069.jpg
IMG_4070.jpg
Probably this Wilkinson CO. Empire 7 blade set or my Mint in the box Toggle.

My rarest razor is so rare that I haven't been able to find it yet. [emoji14]

That is rare.:001_rolle Looking in the Razor Compendium I wonder how many of the razors listed are actually still out there and awaiting a finder.

Last edited:
That looks like the stock photo of the razor in Gillette's first patent. Do you have one?
View attachment 819381
I don't have that razor. I've seen this blue print on Wikipedia. But recently I saw the real pic of that prototype or don't know what. It looks very different than a double ring. So did Gillette really manufacture them in 1901 or something before taking the name Gillette. That razor has historical significance as I can see two edges making it the first DE.

These are my two somewhat rare ones - Danish RAADVAD MEJESKAER razor (heirloom family find, beautifully renovated by Cap Murphy) and my Eclipse RR (which came to me as gorgeous as it is now). All others are run-of-the-mill wonderful vintage Gillettes :001_wub:

IMG_7927.jpg
IMG_0355.JPG

Currently my most rare razor would be my LASSC BBS-1. Have owned but sold the following:
1. Eclipse Red Ring
2. Gillette Toggle
3. Gillette double ring (no cracks, great plating)

About to pick up (hopefully) Apollo Mikron x 2

They are around you just have to continue to hunt them down and when you find one just buy it immediately or someone else will. Learned that lesson a couple of times along the way. Got lucky and now have 2 in my collection.
I've had good luck in Canada and the UK so you might check there.
Good hunting!

Wow, I'm jealous of that mint in box Toggle. That is actually something I've been hunting for a while.

Currently my most rare razor would be my LASSC BBS-1. Have owned but sold the following:
1. Eclipse Red Ring
2. Gillette Toggle
3. Gillette double ring (no cracks, great plating)

About to pick up (hopefully) Apollo Mikron x 2
Pics of all my rarest, including 1 of 10 Jurgen Hempel Jarwin's

Attachments

• DoubleRing3.jpg
    DoubleRing3.jpg
    308.8 KB · Views: 72
  • Jarwin2.jpg
    Jarwin2.jpg
    6.6 MB · Views: 77
  • RedRing5.JPG
    RedRing5.JPG
    705.3 KB · Views: 65
  • SOTD 12:18:16.jpg
    SOTD 12:18:16.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 69
  • SOTD 4-7-17.jpg
    SOTD 4-7-17.jpg
    6.9 MB · Views: 68
It was an exact spec replica of the Darwin. It was stainless steel.

It is indeed a very special razor, but I somehow thought that the handle (the top part) was different than the Darwin. I somehow don't think the Darwin is as "pinched" as the Jarwin.

Well, my rarest is the Gibbs adjustable no.17. I just bought it , still in the mail. From the existing ones, they are the old and the new RFB.

Referring to the Juergen Hemple. Certainly a nice piece. Is the razor numbered and do you know what year were they released.

Referring to the Juergen Hemple. Certainly a nice piece. Is the razor numbered and do you know what year were they released.

They were released in 2017. They did not come numbers, which I think they should have, so I do not know which number from 1-10 that I had.

Top Bottom