What's new

Your most sophisticated smelling aftershave?

This idea of scents being sophistcated, in a modern and intellectual way, struck me when I first smelled the TOBS Jermyn Street shaving cream. This is no classic barber shop scent, to my nose at least. I have said before that the Jermyn fougere smells like new money.

I've been thinking of buying the after shave splash in the same TOBS collection. But I'd like to hear from you. What's your most sophistcated smelling after shave?

Thanks!

I'd say D.R. Harris Windsor smells pretty good. It reminds me a little of Terre d'Hermes. I often layer the two when I use the Hermes as my scent of the day.

Sophisticated? Probably D.R. Harris Marlborough. It has a royal warrant, so I always think of myself as smelling like Prince Charles when I wear it.

Aqua Lavanda in the green bottle. Although it's technically a cologne, I apply it to a wet face and "thin" it out a tad.

Last edited:
There are a number, but when I think sophisticated I think of the classic citrus/woodsy scents with a little something extra (green or spice) that are uplifting but also very masculine in nature. Acqua di Parma Colonia Intensa, T&H Grafton, T&H Trafalgar all fit the bill from my collection. TOBS Jermyn St. scent is also one that I find the scent very sophisticated, but I can't hardly stand the AS lotion or cologne because of the "alcohol free" aspect of it. They go on rather greasy and slimy. I have them, but don't find myself using them much. I usually grab Proraso splash when I use the Jermyn St. shave cream because I feel that they are close enough in scent and the performance of Proraso is ten times better than the Jermyn St. AS lotion. The TOBS lotions I have that DO contain alcohol (Mr. Taylor, Eton College, St. James) leave my face feeling soft and conditioned.... but not Jermyn St.

Ben

I think AOS Sandalwood smells very masculine. Is it sophisticated? Not sure what your definition is.... it's not very complex; just straight up sandalwood with some floral (maybe rose) but it gets my vote. I do agree about Jermyn Street having a very nice "new money" scent, but again I'm not sure if it's sophisticated.

To me, some sophisticated scents would be Dyptique Tam Dao, Motale Dark Aoud, Creed (all of them), Monte Blanc Legend, etc.... musky, woodsy, citrus, spice

So Sophisticated - made me think of Rozay

$artworks-000023731537-nkz5fl-crop.jpg

I would second TdH

I'm surprised that this thread has gotten this far without someone mentioning the aftershave of the gods: Musgo Real. Classy and understated, the essence of sophistication.:thumbup1:

Top Bottom