What's new

Your go to tobacco.

Nothing as fancy as pipe tobacco but my go to is Grizzy Longcut Wintergreen. A very good chaw at a very good price!

Aint nuttin' fancy about a pipe. :wink2: Smoking a pipe's a lot like wet shaving in that regard - it can be just about as simple or as posh as you like. Personally I like simple in both regards.

"Go to" tobacco to me suggests the most frequently smoked, which in my case would probably be the Bullseye flake. But "go to" could also be seen as "most reliable" I suppose, in which case I'de have to give the nod to Condor L/C.

Aint nuttin' fancy about a pipe. :wink2: Smoking a pipe's a lot like wet shaving in that regard - it can be just about as simple or as posh as you like. Personally I like simple in both regards.

"Go to" tobacco to me suggests the most frequently smoked, which in my case would probably be the Bullseye flake. But "go to" could also be seen as "most reliable" I suppose, in which case I'de have to give the nod to Condor L/C.

Where do you get your Condor? The only place that I've ever seen it for sale is on Mr. Snuff, but all of their pipe tobacco is sold at UK prices.

I've been quite enjoying cheap corncob pipes with (mostly) inexpensive tobacco and haven't been making it complex or snobby. It's quite pleasant.

My go to tobacco is either very well aged McClelland 2015 or well aged Peter Stokkebye Luxury Navy Flake smoked in what ever pipe I have handy. I am down to my last box of PSLNF, so I will be smoking only 2015 with an occasional tin of Escudo for the rest of my smoking career.

Where do you get your Condor? The only place that I've ever seen it for sale is on Mr. Snuff, but all of their pipe tobacco is sold at UK prices.

Hola Luke! I usually stock up when I'm over visiting friends. You can't beat the prices in the duty-free shops. :biggrin1:
That said though, I've had mates in the UK send me bacca before and to be honest, by the time I've covered the postage it's not much cheaper than what Mr Snuff charges. His prices may seem steep to americans, but they're really only like a pound or two more than you'de pay in the UK. (American tobacco prices really are still very cheap, comparatively speaking - the Bullseye, for example, sells for about $30 a pound)

I've been quite enjoying cheap corncob pipes with (mostly) inexpensive tobacco and haven't been making it complex or snobby. It's quite pleasant.

Too true Cap'n. If you're a burley fan try some of the Cornell & Diehl burley blends, if you haven't already. Top quality and often a bit cheaper than the OTC stuff. :whistling:

Too true Cap'n. If you're a burley fan try some of the Cornell & Diehl burley blends, if you haven't already. Top quality and often a bit cheaper than the OTC stuff. :whistling:

As a noob I've found my greatest difficulty is identifying tastes and figuring out what I prefer (since I seem to like almost all). That said, I think the only heavily burley blends I've had are OTCs - Carter Hall, Sir Walter Raleigh, Prince Albert. I like PA and SWR ok, not great, but not so much CH.

Top Bottom