What's new

your go to de blade

I use many types of blades but I would probably say that Derbys are my standby blade. :thumbup1: If I run out (yeah, like that's gonna happen) I only have access to Feathers locally.

Astra Superior Platinum! Smooth (after the first shave), very predictable and work well in multiple razors.

Of course, I am awaiting a package containing Iridium Supers and I have an open mind....

After trying just about all the major favorite brands (Derbys, Astras, Crystals, RIPs), I've settled on Bluebirds, Gillette Bleues and Super Irridiums as my main choices.

If the ORIGINAL POSTER wants to try these brands, I'll PIF a couple of each to him.

Jeff in Boston

For some reason, I've sort of bonded with Derby. My best ever shaves have been with them, but I say "for some reason" because I don't actually notice a huge difference between blades.

From feather, Personna, Astra, Merkur, Derby ... I seem to be unable to tell a big difference.

My guess is that my very mild shavers tend to swamp the blade differences.

After trying just about all the major favorite brands (Derbys, Astras, Crystals, RIPs), I've settled on Bluebirds, Gillette Bleues and Super Irridiums as my main choices.

If the ORIGINAL POSTER wants to try these brands, I'll PIF a couple of each to him.

Jeff in Boston

I ended up buying them last night but thanks for the offer

For me, its the Astra-SP ... it works well in every razor I've tried it in, and with this brand, there's no guess work. I always know it will give me a good shave...

The Astra-SP if I had to pick one. It does seem to work in all my razors quite well.

It is strange for example that using a Dorco 301 in a Black Handle Super Speed works great. However using the 301s in a Flare Tip or Red Tip just doesn't give me a DFS.

Getting back to the Astras. They work well or great in all my razors.

I have tried quite a few, I like Crystals and Feathers. I have a New, long tooth Deluxe Bull Mastiff on the way from Bob's Razor Works so I guess I will be testing again.

Sharks. I've tried a couple others, but pretty much stopped experimenting after I got to the Sharks. They work well enough that trying something else would only really be a marginal improvement if one at all. They're inexpensive enough that I could go with them for life and not feel like I made a tremendous error.

where do you guys buy your 100 packs from like who has the best deal

To be honest it is usually hard to find better deals on blades then the vendors have on this site.

Badger & Blade > The Marketplace > Shopping and deals > Vendor Corner.

You can always post a WTB ad in the B/S/T section and someone will point you in the right direction on the best deal for particular blades.

So far I have only ordered packs of 100.

Isreali Red Pack
Astras
Derbys
Iridiums
Sharks

They are way cheaper, but I split them with a couple of friends.

Top Bottom