What's new

Your favourite "hot" sauce ?

I don't have a top-three list for hot sauces, but these are the ones I have been enjoying this summer:

Hot Sauce Summer 2021.jpg

El Yucateco. Up there in heat, but not excessively so. Love the flavor as well.
View attachment 1305386
Definitely one of my favorites! Also try their Caribbean hot sauce. It tastes a little sweet/fruity. I like that one a lot, too! 🙂

Also, try the XXX hot sauce. The heat level between these three are all pretty comparable, but they each bring a slightly different flavor profile. 🙂

Just discovered this (new to our local grocery):

Aji Smokin Habanero.jpg

Not as hot as the Blueberry Plague but equally enjoyable. Interesting hot sauce for sure, more like a very hot salsa.
I had it tonight on pizza and it does have quite a bit of heat.

Melinda's Red Savina is my current favorite.
Blaire's Pure Death was a past favorite, but I think I prefer other ghost pepper sauces to it now.
Born to Hula's Ghost of Ancho is fantastic, but I've only had it once.

I like to buy hot sauces in the real world. Because I don't buy them online, I miss out on a lot! My stock keeps cycling though, so that's cool.

I had a bottle of Marie Sharp XXXtra Hot that had a Spanish label. I bought it again when I ran out, but with an English label, and was disappointed. The first one was sooooooo much better! More habanero flavor, for sure!

No Joke is quite mild, for my taste. Followed by the Blueberry Plague (quite a bit hotter), but Dyana's Aji Smokin' Habanero is on another level all together.
I enjoy habanero peppers on their own and finish one or two with a meal without any issues, but that Aji sauce is something else.

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member
No Joke is quite mild, for my taste.
No doubt.

I'm not a "pepper head" or whatever the term is for guys who like the really hot stuff. I was actually looking to try their even-less-hot sauce (the green one IIRC) but the store was sold out.

Lately the ones in heavy rotation are Secret Aardvark, Yellowbird Habanero, Dirty Dicks, Lucky Dog, Queen Majesty. Impossible to pick a favorite!

Top Bottom