What's new

Your favourite "hot" sauce ?

i like it hottttttt
proxy.php

Let me know how it tastes! ;)

Ive been enjoying all of the Yellowbird sauces lately. The Sriracha ones in particular are good on anything, more sweet than hot.

Keepin' it simple at my place, but hot sauce or picante goes on something on my plate most meals. Pace medium picante goes on my tacos, burritos, nachos, refried beans, mexican rice, scrambled eggs. Much the same for Valentina--use it on all mentioned earlier, but like it on taco salads, tacos, chili, grilled pork chops, smoked pulled pork, even livens up sausage and egg biscuits. Original Tabasco on fried or sauteed shrimp, fried fish too. Wish Old Bay could be found around here (central Nebraska).

There's no way I can limit my favorite hot sauces to just three sauces. For starters, different sauces pair better with certain foods than others. Additionally, I have memories tied to certain sauces* such that I'll always be grateful/wistful to/about them.

I'll always have Huy Fung Foods Sriracha Sauce in my cupboard (see my first footnote below for why). I'll also always have some Huy Fung Foods Chili Garlic Sauce**. I'll also always have some bottles of Tapatio and El Yucateco (I prefer the XXXtra Hot and the Caribbean sauces). I'll also always have some 愛之味 Sweet Chili Sauce (I grew up on the stuff).

Of course, I have some other hot sauces in my cupboard, including Lao Gan Ma Spicy Chili Crisp and Lao Gan Ma Fried Chili in Oil. I also have gochujang and Pico Pica hot sauce in my refrigerator. Additionally, I have some other hot sauces in my cupboard (no Tabasco, though, as I do not like sour stuff).

*In my first semester of college, I got so sick (many years later, after I described my symptoms to him, a doctor friend suggested I may have had pneumonia) that I was literally in bed for a week. I didn't get up to eat, drink, or even to use the restroom. In fact, all I did was sleep for the first half of the week. For the second half, I would wake up and drink what little water was in the Brita pitcher on the desk next to my bed and have little saltine cracker sandwiches with Huy Fung Foods Sriracha sauce in the middle. I ate and drank so little I never needed to use the restroom during that week. I also managed to lose a good deal of weight that way. 😁

**Some friends of mine bought me a gallon tub of the stuff when I was in college. Before the end of a year, the tub was empty.

Another vote for Marie Sharp's. Her sauces taste like they're made from fruits and vegetables, not from the dried pepper powder used in so many other sauces.

We have a little grocery store downtown in a town of maybe 2,000 people and falling. They were fully stocked with Old Bay hot sauce.
Completely agree with Marie Sharps.

Top Bottom