What's new

Your favorite weapon? Mine is me' Mergress

Thanks. I was just going to order it, but it looks like it's out of stock. :mad:

BTW... on an administrative note, how did you know I replied to your message so quickly? Did you just happen to check or is there a way to get notified?
I get an instant email notification of threads that I'm engaged in. I think there's a setting to select it under your control panel.

Edit: Yes, it's in your user control panel under Messaging & Notification.

As of this morning, it's a gold Gem Junior (1912-style) with Walgreens Gem blades. It's the most entertaining (and closest) razor I've got. So nice.

The jury's still out on soap/creams but I got a pretty nice superlather going with Colonel Conk amber/Proraso this morning. Been loving blue Aqua Velva, too. It reminds me of my dad.

Note that setting the email notifications in the control panel will subscribe you to EVERY thread that you post to. You can also subscribe to threads individually and set the notification type to that thread, rather than every thread you post to.

Depends how much email you want to be getting from the B&B. :)

There is only one item worthy of mention for me in this thread. The other stuff in my collection only brings marginal differences that aren't necessarily better or worse, just different. This includes aftershaves, soaps, creams, and brushes. Sure I have my favorites, but nothing has changed my shaving experience like my most prized possession. Without further ado, I bring you....

The one, the only... Merkur Slant.

This razor brought me from the bowels of shaving mediocrity to shave bliss. Two passes, sometimes three of absolute whisker destruction. I've only shaved with one of my other 10 razors two or three times since buying the Slant in February 2009 and each time I came away disappointed with the results.

I received my Bull Mastiff earlier this week and this is my new go to razor. I love it!! The heft and Cooncat Bob's workmanship make this my all time favorite razor by far!

there is only one item worthy of mention for me in this thread. The other stuff in my collection only brings marginal differences that aren't necessarily better or worse, just different. This includes aftershaves, soaps, creams, and brushes. Sure i have my favorites, but nothing has changed my shaving experience like my most prized possession. Without further ado, i bring you....

The one, the only... Merkur slant.

This razor brought me from the bowels of shaving mediocrity to shave bliss. Two passes, sometimes three of absolute whisker destruction. I've only shaved with one of my other 10 razors two or three times since buying the slant in february 2009 and each time i came away disappointed with the results.

+1

Without a doubt, my Bull Mastiff Progress and my Semogue 1305. I'm still figuring out what shave creams and soaps I like best, but these two are my weapons of choice.

proxy.php

Now with pic goodness.
Where did you buy that beautiful Bull Mastiff Bentley Progress ???:001_tt1:
Very, very, very nice !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mine used to be my Merkur Classic. I've since reconciled with my 39C to achieve amazing shaves but at the moment my go to razor is my Muhle Pinsel R41.

Last edited:
After a year of mucking around with a few Merkurs and the Feather DE, I'm down with the Merkur Progress Adjustable + Derby Blades.

I've only tried 1 soap and just the Personna blades so that isn't an option I can put as my favorite. Its a serious toss up between the Red Tip and a Slim Adjustable. I think I would lean more to teh Red Tip. For the cream so far its the CO Bigelow and the ASB is CO Bigelow the Elixir Green.

Then a toss up between Pinaud's Bay Rum and Old Spice Classic. I just wished I had the old school bottles of Old Spice. The version on the market seems watered down to what I remember of it as a kid.

Top Bottom