What's new

Your favorite weapon? Mine is me' Mergress

shaving weapon: a particular razor, blade type, certain cream or soap? How about that ol' faithful a/s? What is your feel-good item in your collection?

My fave at the moment..

1930's Gillette New paired with Red Pack Israeli Personna blades and my Badger & Blade Essential brush..

proxy.php

I have several soaps that I rotate through regularly..
  • Mitchell's Wool Fat
  • Tabac
  • Irisch Moos
  • Palmolive
  • Erasmic (old formulation)
  • Valobra
  • Arko
  • Cella
All tallow-based. All superb!

I have other stuff but they don't see much use presently.

My fave at the moment..

1930's Gillette New paired with Red Pack Israeli Personna blades and my Badger & Blade Essential brush..

proxy.php

I have several soaps that I rotate through regularly..
  • Mitchell's Wool Fat
  • Tabac
  • Irisch Moos
  • Palmolive
  • Erasmic (old formulation)
  • Valobra
  • Arko
  • Cella
All tallow-based. All superb!

I have other stuff but they don't see much use presently.

Where did you get that Old Spice???

Without a doubt, my Bull Mastiff Progress and my Semogue 1305. I'm still figuring out what shave creams and soaps I like best, but these two are my weapons of choice.

proxy.php

Now with pic goodness.

I'm a newb so I do not have years of collecting gear...started with a slim and added a slant. Without question the slant is #1. Blades: feather & astra. Soaps/Creams: Tabac, TOBS almond, Proraso, T & H Grafton.

For me (though it is constantly changing):
Derby Blades
EJ Chatsworth ebony handle (razor of the Gods)
Rooney 3/2
TOBS Avocadov + Tabac Soap (super latherliscious)
[I did stray today and shaved with a newly arrived tube of Wars cream from Poland.... OMG! so good even though it smells funny it was a deceptively smooth shave for my wimpy sensitive neck skin :D )

I think many aspects change over time. For a while the Diplomat was my favorite razor. Currently I'd say the NEW/Bull Mastiff from BRW is my favorite.

Some constants:

Feather and Gillette 7 O'clock Sharp Edge (Yellow) are my two favorite blades
GFT Limes, AS, ASB, EDT, Soap and Cream are my favorites.

I agree w/ Moufflan - my prefs are constantly changing. At the moment, I'm quite enamored w/ my Mergress, MWF, Semogue 1305, Super Iridiums, Proraso pre/post, and Spanish Floyd AS. Also my Tabac cologne, but probably not following the Floyd.

Current favorite not with standing, my feel good standard is somewhat old school like me and is as follows:

Razor: Slim Adjustable with Derby blade
Soap: Tabac
Aftershave: Aqua Velva
Balm: Lucky Tiger AS Tonic
Cologne: Ralph Lauren Polo (green)

It has been my '47 SuperSpeed, but since I got my Bull Mastiff, it is now my favorite with red pack Personnas. Either the Body Shop's Maca Root cream, or Kiss My Face pump cream with a best badger. Very nice two pass shave.

Just checked it out... What's the difference between the original formula and what's available in stores (other than being 'fresh lime')
The Old Spice manufactured in India, as I understand it, follows the old Shulton formula from before the Proctor and Gamble reformulation. I prefer it to the version more widely available. The scent is what I would describe as "richer" and really evokes memories of my grandfather more than the P&G version.

The Old Spice manufactured in India, as I understand it, follows the old Shulton formula from before the Proctor and Gamble reformulation. I prefer it to what's currently available. The scent is what I would describe as "richer" and really evokes memories of my grandfather more than the P&G version.

Thanks. I was just going to order it, but it looks like it's out of stock. :mad:

BTW... on an administrative note, how did you know I replied to your message so quickly? Did you just happen to check or is there a way to get notified?

Top Bottom