What's new

Your favorite travel razor

Before the travel I decided to keep my lovely shavers in rotation at home and take a budget razor (in fact set up) for the travel.
I hate to face with problems on the field, thus I decided to explore and try at home before the travel.
I bought a bunch of relatively cheap de razors; Rimei 2002 - Baili 171 - Baili 176 and Baili 179.
After several try, I decided I'll pick Baili 176.

Why I eliminate the "others" ?
Rimei is the aggressive of all and blade feeling is to much.
Baili 171 is a bit smooth than Rimei but still on the aggressive side.(mine has a small blade misallignment issue)
Baili 179 use the same haed with 176 but I pick 176 (3 pieces). In fact I simply wanted to go with 176 but 179 is the same only TTO of the 176.

Why I prefer 176 ?
It is a forgiver. It shares the same head with 179 and shaving head is big enough that no blade overhang from the edge (no chance to cut nose or ears)
With Rapira or Shark it is almost impossible to cut your self by accident. I got rapira.

On my daily shaves or 2-3 days shaves it served me very good.

In an other post I may share my full travel setup, I do not want to extend the post and get you guys bored:001_rolle

I believe the ideal travel razor should be an adjustable razor, because you might encounter hard water of soft water, or other unforeseen circumstances.

It's nice if a fresh blade will last the entire trip.

The travel razor should be light weight.

Putting all that together a Schick Injector adjustable razor beckons.

I use a Tech head, a New short comb head and a shared handle. Tech for back to back shaving days, New for 2-3+ days in between shaves. All the bits fit in a Nuun container so super small. JM

Most recent trip, three weeks on the road, I took a Schick L1 and a cheap 1/2 DE blade shavette. My shaves were all hurried, so the Schick did them all.

When I am driving and I know that I'll have unhurried shaves, the shavette will get its innings, or I'll pack one of my two midget cased German travel razors. I have a four piece with a Old Type head and a stainless steel Linden, a three piece OC with a short handle.
EB1DB30A-CE4C-48CA-B38C-82DFE3CF4F39.jpeg

0F303C76-A62F-4E23-B8A4-307B267948B0.jpeg

Last edited:
I got a screamin’ deal on a Merkur 46c travel razor and case, and I was surprised to find it’s an excellent shaver. It’s been on a few trips with me and I always look forward to my shaves with it.

9A3D65FE-47AD-40A5-81BE-A5FF507A7588.jpeg

For this year’s summer vacation Fatip piccolo Gold Testina.

In those old days of Air travel a black & red Merkur Bakelit.

Did today my first shave with an Eco Hawk - very light and quite efficient so this might be a future option as well.

I tend to lose more things around my own house than I leave in hotel rooms, but really among the stable there aren't more than three or four razors that it bother me much if I lost them. When I'm on the road, I'll just toss whatever in the dop kit;usually that means an old Superspeed or a Tech.

My razor and case are always in the Dopp kit with a badger brush and Palmolive tube of cream;
IMG_0927a.JPG
razor case.JPG

Last edited:
My favourite travel razor is the Merkur 46C 3-piece travel razor. I used it at the lake for a month and a half and was consistently amazed at how comfortable, easy and effective it was. Comes in a nice leather case and packs away simply and easily. The pics are from the Fendrihan site.
MRK46002_Merkur_3_piece_travel_razor_set2_x1024.jpeg
MRK46002_Merkur_3_piece_travel_razor_set_x1024.jpeg

Top Bottom