What's new

your favorite stand (for razor & brush)?

Do you have a favorite razor & brush stand? When in your DE usage timeline did you decide to get a stand? They seem useful for drying the brush & razor.

This is my favorite stand! Holds razors and brush! When my razor collection started to grow, I needed a stand!

proxy.php

Here's mine:

Here it is loaded up (albeit in a previous incarnation before I tried the heat shrink tubing). It is a vintage stamp stand that my wife found in a thrift store. Works great!

Last edited by a moderator:

The Count of Merkur Cristo

B&B's Emperor of Emojis
My favorite is my 'Cutting Edge Razors' - Acrylic Razor - Brush Stand

Every-Ready 150 Boar (left), Merkur 38C (center), Every-Ready 150 Silvertip ( knot from TGN, Knot Size: 22mm, Loft: 58mm, Total Height: 4.4 inches
), and stand engraved with "A Great Lather is Half the Shave".

Christopher :straight: "A razor [blade] can't be sharpened on a piece of velvet." Author Unknown

Attachments

• $Shave Stand.jpg
    $Shave Stand.jpg
    27.1 KB · Views: 637
I only have one stand: Col. Conk chrome stand. Works fine for my DE89 and Tweezerman brush. Nothing fancy, but looks nice.

Looking at all the stands, I intend to make my own out of west aussie jarrah. i plan to stop at a straight and DE so a small stand so that i dont drop my razors.

I got the silver one from Amazon. Made by Col. Conk? I've got all my razors lined up in my medicine cabinet. All 23 of them. I only use the stand for drying the razor post-shave and drying my brush. After the razor is dry I put it in the cabinet. It's fun to open up because it's like a nice store display. I've been wanting to get a few unknown vintage safety razors to add some coolness though. Wish there as many off-brand safety razors as there are vintage safety razor blade makers.

Hi all - I am new to the forum and to DE wet shaving. So far I am liking it a lot - a few bumps and cuts, but nothing perfecting technique won't solve. Here is a stand/brush that I made from a kit I got from Penn State Industries. The brush is Silver Tip Badger and the stand is chrome plated and solid - nice and heavy. The brush handle and the support post are made from acrylic turned on a lathe.
$IMG_5115.jpg

This is the one I like. To answer the OP's question I'd say my brush dried fine without it and the razor lived happily in the drawer for months before I made a stand.

$IMAG0761.jpg

Here's mine:

Here it is loaded up (albeit in a previous incarnation before I tried the heat shrink tubing). It is a vintage stamp stand that my wife found in a thrift store. Works great!

I like this one very much, good find.

The Count of Merkur Cristo

B&B's Emperor of Emojis
I have a One Razor & Dual Brush Stand (approx $16US w/ shipping - clear color acrylic Dual Brush / Single Razor Stand engraved with);

Line 1 - CBJ
Line 2 - A Great Lather is Half the Shave!!! (both engraved in Bold font)

from Shane Silcox @ "Cutting Edge Razors" and he did a wonderful custom 'bang-up' job (the engraving is cool huh???)!!! :yesnod:

proxy.php
"Laughter is the [razor & shaving] brush that sweeps away the cobwebs of your heart." Mort Walker

looks like your knot is about fall out... it's barely in the hole... but a very nice stand... i was looking at making a couple for some friends...

Hi all - I am new to the forum and to DE wet shaving. So far I am liking it a lot - a few bumps and cuts, but nothing perfecting technique won't solve. Here is a stand/brush that I made from a kit I got from Penn State Industries. The brush is Silver Tip Badger and the stand is chrome plated and solid - nice and heavy. The brush handle and the support post are made from acrylic turned on a lathe.
View attachment 206587

Top Bottom