• Parker

• Lord

• Goodfella

• Edwin Jagger

• Lux

• Other

• What ever Art is using

Results are only viewable after voting.
My favourite shaver is a 5/8 half hollow straight. My favourite safety razor is a Merkur 23c (for now at least) :wink:. I don't think I could go with a SE as I love Astra blades with a passion. Unless they make SE Astras and then I'm in trouble :lol:.

My favorite razor is the Gillette Red Tip, but I have to admit I get really great shaves with the Slim, Fatboy and Merkur HD, too.

My favorite razor that I haven't shaved with yet is the Red Tip Custom Super Deluxe that HerrHepcat customized. :cool:

Well, GEM SE, even as a category including the several GEM varieties, isn't mentioned so I voted other. Straights weren't offered as a choice either. But those fall into "other" so I guess I can vote for both GEM and straight with a single swipe!

My favorite razor has changed regularly since I started this a couple of years ago. The list in chronological order goes like this-
Slim,
Fatboy,
Slim,
Brit Aristocrat #66
Hoffritz Slant
Brit Rocket HD
Vintage Merkur Slant
Brit #58

I still have them all but the #58 is getting all the use at the moment, there's something just 'right' about it :cool:

Well, GEM SE, even as a category including the several GEM varieties, isn't mentioned so I voted other. Straights weren't offered as a choice either. But those fall into "other" so I guess I can vote for both GEM and straight with a single swipe!

I meant for the poll to be for DE razors. I just forgot to write that part, that's why you see no mention of Straights or SE.

My two favorite razors are the Diplomat and the NEW (Bull Mastiff Custom). It's too close a race to call, but I can say this without a doubt that as far as DE's are concerned Gillette's are tops in my book.

You talked me into it in the chat session the other night, and I'm on the waiting list for a Mastiff myself...can't wait!

Blue Lady Gillette; this was a company who cared about it's product. Now it appears to only care about it's product making money.

marty

So hard to say, the one I just used is often my favorite. NEW, Techs, various SuperSpeeds, Fatboy, GEMs, Schick injector. Maybe my birthyear '47 SuperSpeed is my favorite. I always get a smooth, nick free shave.

My vintage Gillette Toggle set at #4 gives the best shaves. My vintage Merkur Slant is a close runner-up however.

1940's British Gillette Rocket. The one I still own is mint with the cardboard insert still under the doors so to keep it that way I use a 1940's SS day to day.

This was a hard one for me. As I have stated many times before, I think the Gillette TTO's (Aristocrat, 40's SS and Red Tip) are the most fun to use, but I still get my best results with my 38C. I sold out, went with results, and chose Merkur.

BTW, I have a 37G on the way from WCS -- can't wait!

Currently it's one or the other of my 50's Super Speeds. But I have yet to put a blade in the NEW I got last week, so who knows what the future holds?

I'd have to say my favorite is whatever vintage Gillette I used that day. That would currently be the '34-'40 Aristocrat open comb. Boy that's a great shave.

Len

Top Bottom