• Parker

• Lord

• Goodfella

• Edwin Jagger

• Lux

• Other

• What ever Art is using

Results are only viewable after voting.
I know everyone has their favorite DE razor to shave with. Some people like vintage Gillette's, others Merkur. What is your's?

Last edited:
I know everyone has their favorite razor to shave with. Some people like vintage Gillette's, others Merkur. Whats is your's?
If you had asked me a month ago I would have said Merkur Progress/Mergress. but now I would have to say my two favorites are my Gillette Slim or Super Adjustable.

The only DE I used is the Feather Popular razor, thus it is my favorite. I've had great results with it.

Wait... No Feather on the poll? But Weishi is there??

Currently, my recently acquired (from BST) satin Futur.

Its well-designed, well-built, and well-balanced. Ergonomic to the max. Hefty and solid, even more so than my Sledgehammer Slant.

I love the way the Futur fits my hand, almost like a natural extension. It seems to float itself into the right angle with little or no effort on my part, and it gets whiskers that I didn't even know were there.

That pop-off, pop-on head is so quick and easy, and I can do it with wet hands.

My only complaint is that it doesn't stand up on its edge like my other razors do, but that gives me an excuse to buy a stand for it. And I wish Merkur made non-adjustables with the same size and weight and handle design, especially a Slant-head.

Last edited:

Luc

"To Wiki or Not To Wiki, That's The Question".
Staff member
I had to vote other. As much as I love vintage Gillette, my Hoffritz deserve mention!

If I hadn't had found B&B it would have been Merkur as that was all that was really available to me, but after finding out ( way too much :biggrin1: ) about Vintage Gillettes on Badger and Blade.......................

My #16 is my favourite followed by my F1 Fatboy ( but then again I don't have the collections that some of the guys have here, but I'm happy )

Last edited:
My two favorite razors are the Diplomat and the NEW (Bull Mastiff Custom). It's too close a race to call, but I can say this without a doubt that as far as DE's are concerned Gillette's are tops in my book.

Merkur HD Slant. Just selling my two remaining vintage Gillettes. I´m keeping only the Slant and Merkur Travel razor.

Right now, nothing beats my '69 Black Handle Adjustable on 2! I've found that my skin demands a mild shaver, but the added weight of the long handle allows for greater control.

We are about to visit my parents and grandparents during which trip I am to receive my grandfather's Black Handle Superspeed, so...:biggrin1:

Merkur Slant it is. I have also Merkur Futur and Gillette SS 40', but I haven't been using them for a long time. Slant gives me the best results. Futur is too heavy and SS too light for my hands. Slant is just optimal.

At the moment I'm hooked on the Gillette NEW. I've got three of them, one made in USA gold tone and two British NEWs (although one is called a 7 O'clock but it's the same as the other). The Brits have the edge at the moment but they all get to BBS town:cool:

For me, the Futur and '60 Fatboy are running even, with a '64 Slim a close second.
The HD and SuperSpeeds have been sent to the display shelf.

Top Bottom