What's new

Your Favorite Lavender Cologne or Product

Any thoughts on Pen's Lavandula? I'm not a big Penhaligon's fan, and I know that this is billed as a women's fragrance. Even so, I've had a couple of samples and I think I like it. I've read it described as a dirty lavender and that seems to be on the mark. I'm looking for a new lavender EdT and I kind of like the idea of an earthy version.

I smelled it a long time ago. I liked the opening OK, but the dry down lost me; the notes started getting a bit harsh for my taste. It's a damn shame Pen's old men's lavender water is no longer available. That was a classic that could hold its own with the best out there today.

Camaldoli makes a unisex fragrance that is very nice and smells like SMN version but just doesn't last as long. Also, it's about 1/4 of the price.

As far as lavender-scented products, I'm a huge fan of this.

My hands get badly chapped in the winter, and the Kiss My Face lavender is the least greasy of the lotions that help; the lavender scent is a bonus. It's straight lavender: just like sniffing a lavender sprig. The scent is mild, but it lasts at least an hour or two on me. I don't know if they make a cologne, but they do seem to make a lavender shave cream.

Anyone try Pour Un Homme De Caron? Its described as a fresh scent of lavender, with low notes of vanilla, amber and musk.

proxy.php

I tried the Pour Un Homme De Caron sample this morning and after dry-down it definately has a strong vanilla note, which I'm not a fan!! I hate smelling like food. This is going in the trash!!

I tried the Pour Un Homme De Caron sample this morning and after dry-down it definately has a strong vanilla note, which I'm not a fan!! I hate smelling like food. This is going in the trash!!

This stuff is f'ing terrible, I cannot stand it!! And my wife said that I stink on the way home!!

Huge +1. I finally picked up a bottle last week after wanting one for months and I can't stop smelling my wrists. On me, the pepper overpowers the lavender for the first few minutes but I'm still getting really nice lavender notes 4 hours after applying it. Great staying power, too.

I don't understand this. I LOVE L'occitan, but it barely lasts 2 hours on me :sad:.

As I write this, I'm doing a toe-to-toe between D. R. Harris and Trumper lavender waters. My vote definitely goes to the Harris. The Trumper is nice, but a little too "clean" and ultimately a bit bland for my liking. The Harris is a pungent, classic lavender, masculine but not overbearing, very heavily informed by lavender essential oil, but with other notes as well, undergirded by musk. Given that it is also less expensive than the Trumper, I would say it is definitely worth the price of admission.

Got in a 30ml decant of Creed's Royal Scottish Lavender yesterday that I bought from theperfectstorm and wore it today. Very nice frag! Kinda soapy and a little "dirty" to my nose. Overall very nice!

Last edited:
As I write this, I'm doing a toe-to-toe between D. R. Harris and Trumper lavender waters. My vote definitely goes to the Harris. The Trumper is nice, but a little too "clean" and ultimately a bit bland for my liking. The Harris is a pungent, classic lavender, masculine but not overbearing, very heavily informed by lavender essential oil, but with other notes as well, undergirded by musk. Given that it is also less expensive than the Trumper, I would say it is definitely worth the price of admission.

I didn't realize that Harris had a lavender...must give it a try.

A nice lavender water with mint notes. Cleaner than O&C, lighter than D.R. Harris, (Harris adds musk). I like it, although it's not in my top category of favorite lavenders.

I know SMM Imperial Lavender is one of your favorite lavender scents, I'm curious to know what are the others?

I'm glad you bumped this thread. I want to get a new lavender EdT, but I'm not satiified with any of the others that I've tried. I like the cheap but reliable Agua Lavanda Puig a lot, but it seems to have disappeared. I came to the conclusion that I didn't like Caron Pour Homme--something about the combination of notes that I found chalky and unpleasant (I blame the vanilla). I don't care for C&S Oxford and Camdbridge either--the lavander and mint never come together for me. I experimented a bit with Penhaligon's Lavandula, but it's too murky. Atkinsons too faint.

Right now, I've pared my holdings down to just the Caldey Island aftershave. Is it to much to ask for an EdT that has the same lavender note but that doesn't dissipate instantly? Could Royal Scottish Lavender be my salvation?

Last edited:
If we're broadening things a bit to include cologne ranges where a primary note is lavender, then it's the Grafton line for me.

If we're talking more of a one-note lavender product, then it's AoS cream and SMN Lavender splash. However, the DR Harris Lavender Water is high on my interest list.

My wife likes it a lot. This and 88 are both her favorites... and mine too :001_smile

Also, I didn't read any of those posts to be necessarily negative. In fact, one of the gents said that he liked the "dirt" scent :001_smile

My wife really likes the Oxford & Cambridge, too. In fact, she keeps sneaking the bottle into her collection.

OP - if you like lavender, but not O&C, you could try Nightflight by Joop. IMO, it is quite similar to O&C, but not as "complex" of a fragrance.

Last edited:
I'm glad you bumped this thread. I want to get a new lavender EdT, but I'm not satiified with any of the others that I've tried. I like the cheap but reliable Agua Lavanda Puig a lot, but it seems to have disappeared. I came to the conclusion that I didn't like Caron Pour Homme--something about the combination of notes that I found chalky and unpleasant (I blame the vanilla). I don't care for C&S Oxford and Camdbridge either--the lavander and mint never come together for me. I experimented a bit with Penhaligon's Lavandula, but it's too murky. Atkinsons too faint.

Right now, I've pared my holdings down to just the Caldey Island aftershave. Is it to much to ask for an EdT that has the same lavender note but that doesn't dissipate instantly? Could Royal Scottish Lavender be my salvation?

I hear you, I've been searching for a lavender with some staying power too. I'm also having a difficult time finding Aqua Lavanda Puig, there is a guy on this forum that carries it but his shop is in Spain and his shipping charge is very expensive. Like you, I found Caron Pour Homme nice at first and then becoming grossly vanilla-sweet. I'm thinking that Harris may be the answer, did you see Horatio's comparison of Harris and Trumpers Lavender Water above?

I heard the staying power of Creed's Scottish Lavender is not that great either.

Top Bottom