What's new

Your Favorite Lavender Cologne or Product

I just noticed that La Tienda has Agua Lavanda Puig in stock now, including the big bottle:

http://www.tienda.com/bath/index.html

I just ordered one to replenish my supply.

Thanks for the heads up. I ordered one also. Back in the '70's I was given a bottle by an Pan Am stewardess who returned from Spain. It came in a wicker covered bottle back then. I enjoyed the scent, but never purchased it again. We'll give it another go!
Russ

Can you guys describe the scent and its longevity of Agua Lavanda Puig? For $14, this may be a blind purchase.

It has been about 40 years since I used it, but as I remember it had some staying power. Now I am using Castle Forbes After Shave Balm in Lavender flavor. It smells great and has great soothing properties, but the scent fades quickly. That is why I'm going to add the Aqua Puig to keep the scent going longer. I wouldn't be able to describe the scent or the color blue, because we all sense smells and maybe colors differently, so you may want to try a small bottle to sample and pass it along to another if you don't care for it.
Cheers,
Russ

I know SMM Imperial Lavender is one of your favorite lavender scents, I'm curious to know what are the others?

One big favorite is one I never mention, because it's not made anymore. If you can find it, though, Patrician lavender water is outstanding. Ditto Penhaligon's old lavender water, which is also no more. As for the rest, I think I've touched on all the ones I like throughout this thread. D.R. Harris is a favorite, especially for the price. I like the Creed OK, although I need to revisit it to be more clear on what I think of it; I tested it and decided I didn't need to shell out the cash at the time, given my preference for SMN. Trumper, Puig and Atkinsons are good, but they're not favorites; I'd probably rate the Trumper higher than the other two, though. And you know what I think of O&C.

As I write this, I'm doing a toe-to-toe between D. R. Harris and Trumper lavender waters. My vote definitely goes to the Harris. The Trumper is nice, but a little too "clean" and ultimately a bit bland for my liking. The Harris is a pungent, classic lavender, masculine but not overbearing, very heavily informed by lavender essential oil, but with other notes as well, undergirded by musk. Given that it is also less expensive than the Trumper, I would say it is definitely worth the price of admission.

What's the lasting power of this lavender like?

I pulled the trigger on the Trumper's Lavender Water, and it is really nice. I do like the C&S O&C better, but it's a nice alternative to wear on occasion. I find the staying power of both of those to be better than I expected, but not long by any stretch.

My favourite lavendar cologne has to be Czech & Speake's Oxford and Cambridge. It takes me back to my childhood days, fresh cut grass and English summers.

www.czechandspeake.com

Although I just bought mine from Carter and Bond as they have a 10% discount on the fragrance when you quote OXBRIDGE at the checkout for the whole of April.

Anyone try Pour Un Homme De Caron? Its described as a fresh scent of lavender, with low notes of vanilla, amber and musk.

proxy.php

By far my favorite. This is an awesome Lavender! It just doesnt get any more pure or fresh. The vanilla is darn good too. Not super sweet synthetic but a dark, deep and buttery vanilla. I've been pretty stoked to run across this scent as I have grown tired of Le Male and it's my wifes favorite. No matter what scent I'm wearing my wife is pretty meh about it. Caron's Pour un Homme is the first scent I've found to drive her crazy like Le male. It happens to be my favorite as well so huge Win/Win for me.

This is an awesome Lavender! It just doesnt get any more pure or fresh. The vanilla is darn good too. Not super sweet synthetic but a dark, deep and buttery vanilla.

I would think if the fragrance includes a "dark, deep and buttery vanilla" note, by definition it would not be a pure lavender.

Last edited:
By far my favorite. This is an awesome Lavender! It just doesnt get any more pure or fresh. The vanilla is darn good too. Not super sweet synthetic but a dark, deep and buttery vanilla. I've been pretty stoked to run across this scent as I have grown tired of Le Male and it's my wifes favorite. No matter what scent I'm wearing my wife is pretty meh about it. Caron's Pour un Homme is the first scent I've found to drive her crazy like Le male. It happens to be my favorite as well so huge Win/Win for me.

I'm not crazy about the vanilla note...I'm not a fan of smelling like food.

Last edited:
I would think if the fragrance includes a "dark, deep and buttery vanilla" note, by definition it would not be a pure lavender.

I was trying describe the lavender note as "Pure" in that it comes off as if straight from the plant and not fussed with rather than a refined or soft lavender found in other fragrances.

I'm not crazy about the vanilla note...I'm a fan of smelling like food.

I would have a very hard time cutting out all fragrances with edible notes. Some form of Mint, fruit, spice etc. are used in most scents. Scent and taste are tied in together extremely close, often overlapping. They bring about strong feelings in people. I find vanilla to bring about feelings of comfort and safety and generally puts a smile on peoples faces. I certainly don't mind smelling delicious. Of course YMMV
proxy.php

Yeah, I undestand the correlation between smell and taste but Vanilla on me smells like BO. Mint or Peppermint...similar to what's used in C&S Oxford & Cambridge is awesome.

Top Bottom