What's new

Your favorite gillette super speed razor is?

For me they give the same quality shave but, i only do WTG as i have to shave every day and great shaves leave very little to shave the next day which in turn isnt a good feeling shave. Different balance of course. I like the knurling on the red tip more though. I will say i like the 47 more than my regular rocket. HD 500 is a step up from them in smoothness i think.

For me they give the same quality shave but, i only do WTG as i have to shave every day and great shaves leave very little to shave the next day which in turn isnt a good feeling shave. Different balance of course. I like the knurling on the red tip more though. I will say i like the 47 more than my regular rocket. HD 500 is a step up from them in smoothness i think.

Okay and thank you.

For me they give the same quality shave but, i only do WTG as i have to shave every day and great shaves leave very little to shave the next day which in turn isnt a good feeling shave.
Yes, I too have to shave every day but would really have to skip two or three days to get the best, most comfortable result. I suspect that's a big reason milder razors like the Super Speed work so well for me. I can do three passes every day if I have the time with no irritation or weepers, but even just one pass is good enough.

My ole 54 (1940's design) is still one of my favorites for ease of use and consistent close results. Of couse my Red and Blue Tip's are not far behind.

I have two, a '56 Red Tip and a '53 SS. The Red Tip I like even more than I do my '62 Slim, so the '53 comes in 3rd . . . but if I knew nothing about the various models and the '53 were my only razor, I'd be perfectly happy with it.

I've tried most of them. The only one I like is the red tip. I like the thicker handle and the knurrling better and its a bit more aggressive than the others.

Top Bottom