• Paul

• George

• Ringo

• Who?

• ouch is King

Results are only viewable after voting.

TexLaw

Fussy Evil Genius
To explain my answer a bit more, I like George's solo music more than the rest, and you gotta admire a guy who can steal a girl away from Eric Clapton. However, Ringo is the dude I can actually identify with. Ringo, still.

August West wrote "Considering the technology of the time this impresses."

Awesome. One of my 2 very favorite Beatle songs. The other one is 'Across the Universe'.

Last edited:
I recently read that George Harrison visited his sister who lived in Illinois just months before they were introduced to America on Ed Sullivan. Although huge in the UK at that time, the Beatles split for vacation and George wanted some peace and quiet. His sister hooked him up with a local band and he played the VFW in town. He bought a guitar at a local shop, which he immediately had it painted from red to black. He camped at a state park in the area. He was interviewed by a high school girl at the local radio station, who played a couple Beatles tunes. She claimed at the time George was very much an ordinary guy. He returned months later with his pals and made history. I found the story fascinating.

So George was the first Beatle in America.

captp

Pretty Pink Fairy Princess.
Tony, To Serve Man, one of my favorite Twilight Zone episodes?
Are you on a TZ run of avatars?

While I didn't put much stock in his faith or his dear philosophies, I think I found George to be the most interesting person of the four. Personality-wise, George (and Ringo) would probably be the coolest just to hang out with. I get the impression that he didn't wear a bunch of masks, he was what he was and that's what you got. I also thought it was cool that he became a ukulele enthusiast in his later years.

George. Love them all, the alchemy of their individual talents produced musical magic. George was such a spiritual man, and a kind soul. May have spent more time in his gardens than in the studio. He was a gifted, underrated guitarist.

you gotta admire a guy who can steal a girl away from Eric Clapton.

Clapton stole Patti Boyd from George. "Layla," and "Have You Ever Loved a Woman" on the Layla album chronicle this. Interestingly, George and Clapton remained friends, and toured together in Japan, in the '80s, I think. They referred to themselves as "The Ex-husbands of Patti."

George Harrison was by far the most interesting of the four "principal" Beatles. We never really get to go beyond Pete Best when discussing the others.

Early members
  • Pete Best – drums, vocals (1960–1962)
  • Stuart Sutcliffe – bass guitar, vocals (1960–1961)
  • Chas Newby – bass guitar (1960–1961)
  • Norman Chapman – drums (1960)
  • Tommy Moore – drums (1960)
Touring members

Top Bottom