What's new

Young, going gray and totally fine with it.

At least yours is going gray. I'm losing mine, and I'm 27. Its staggering the amount of hair I clean out of the shower and sink. There are a couple photos of me that've been taken from above and behind, and they're truly depressing. (Not so much that I'd be dumb enough to spend money on Rogaine, mind you, but depressing still) :crying:

Yeah, I've slowly been getting the salt-n-pepper look on the sides over the past few years. Don't like it but certainly don't stress about it. The hairline also seems to be steadily migrating backward but I try to look at it in a positive way and just imagine that, instead of going bald, I'm growing a bathing cap. :biggrin:

Yeah, I've slowly been getting the salt-n-pepper look on the sides over the past few years. Don't like it but certainly don't stress about it. The hairline also seems to be steadily migrating backward but I try to look at it in a positive way and just imagine that, instead of going bald, I'm growing a bathing cap. :biggrin:

:lol::lol::lol:

I've had more than a few teenage students with noticeable-from-a-distance salt-and-pepper gray hair. One actually died his black a couple years ago (he's at Dartmouth now).

At least yours is going gray. I'm losing mine, and I'm 27. Its staggering the amount of hair I clean out of the shower and sink. There are a couple photos of me that've been taken from above and behind, and they're truly depressing. (Not so much that I'd be dumb enough to spend money on Rogaine, mind you, but depressing still) :crying:

Pretty much the same here, I started thinning at 21, now at 26
proxy.php

The frustrating part is that when I was younger the barber would always comment on how thick and full my hair was, lately they do the "mirror dance" to avoid showing me the bald spot. (Although now I've resigned myself to having my girlfriend buzz it for me)

I've got a few random greys here and there that seem to be increasing in frequency. I welcome them with open arms, as does my girlfriend...

Think of all the shampoo and haircut money you can spend on other cool stuff though and all that time you save by being able to blot your head dry on one square of kitchen roll :smile:

I think of mine as a large area, high sensitivity rain sensor :lol:

I've got a few random greys here and there that seem to be increasing in frequency. I welcome them with open arms, as does my girlfriend...

Mine just points and laughs - until I commit the cardinal sin of pointing to her occasional suspiciously light bluey hairs.

Think of all the shampoo and haircut money you can spend on other cool stuff though and all that time you save by being able to blot your head dry on one square of kitchen roll :smile:

Very true. I've just finished a 250ml bottle of shampoo I bought almost four years ago. Noticed the price has gone up since then!

Gareth

I'm 29 and have been going gray since I was 16. The first time anyone commented on it was when I was 18. My temples are about half and half now, the rest of my hair is probably about 20 percent gray. It has stabilized lately I think. I'm not thrilled about it and I don't get comments about it one way or the other, but I have come to accept it.

I, like most of my engineering student brethren, am slowly losing pigmentation in some of my hair. Thankfully, it's all still there, a much better alternative to baldness (which affects roughly 100% of my friends who aren't graying a bit).

I'm balding (thinning) and I don't care. I actually quite prefer it to gray. I never liked trying to "fix" my hair, and thinning has given me a great excuse to keep my hair buzzed. When I was in college, our baseball team all buzzed our hair, and I took it on down with the Bic. I guess that experience got me used to the idea of being bald. :rolleyes:

And it doesn't hurt that my wife rather likes me bald :biggrin:

Yeah, I've been receding a lot over the last couple of years, and the only way to deal with it is to go for the buzz. I'm really not that happy about it, but my wife actually likes the buzzcut (she actually prefers clipper no. 1 to clipper no. 2) and do I love the maintenance-free aspect of it. The end of hat-head is a good consolation prize, I guess.

Top Bottom