What's new

You don't have a fountain pen? PIF

I've given away several brushes and brush handles and it occured to me I've never done a pen PIF. I made this especially to pass along here to someone that doesn't already own a fountain pen. It's by no means a high quality kit, in fact it's one of the cheapest available. The centerband, finial, and end cap are all plastic, this lack of metal components makes it a very light pen - too light - but the red mallee burl makes it look good! In full disclosure there is a tiny oops hidden by the clip. A tiny patch of the CA finish at the very end by the cap is cloudy, it may or may not chip over time, but you can't see it behind the clip. I didn't even notice it until I looked at some enlarged photos. After turning I sanded the barrels through 400 grit, applied boiled linseed oil, then many coats of CA glue which was sanded up through 12,000 grit followed by two buffing compounds, then rouge on a buffing wheel. It's got a decent shine, a smooth feel, and looks decent for a cheapo. Just say I'm in and it can be yours.

RULES:
1. CONUS ONLY
2. You don't already own a fountain pen
3. Member for at least 3 months AND 100 quality posts.
4. If it's not to your liking (did I mention it's cheap and light?) please PIF to another member.

It comes with a standard ink pump and one ink cartridge. I recommend throwing the cartridge away and getting a bottle or samples of good ink. If you decide to use it make sure you give the nib a good cleaning before you refill the pump with a quality ink.

IMG_2243.JPG IMG_2240.JPG IMG_2242.JPG IMG_2237.JPG IMG_2236.JPG

I wanted apologize for the pen having some dust on it in the pics. Photography is not my strong suit, but I should have caught that before taking the pics.

@Billski - thank you sir!

I'm in.
I don't have a fountain pen.

I've been wanting to get one for a while now,
But I don't know enough about them whenever I start looking at them.

So I'll trust CigarSmoka's judgement.

Thanksď

Oh sure! I see how you are.... I miss out on that brush I really wanted that you made, and now you offer up that stunning looking pen right after I get back into them. You are doing this on purpose to me aren't you? :a11:

:jump:

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
Wow. These came at a great time. REALLY needed a spirit lifter after the weekend and Tuesday that I had. Thanks so much.

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
My wife, AKA the War Department, may attempt to steal this. Should have NEVER shown her the pics....

Top Bottom