What's new

“Yogurt’y lather”

MdC Unscented.
unscented-shaving-soap-nature resized.jpg

Shannons and Stirling are my go-to soaps for creamy, slick and excellent lathers. Sure WK, A&E, Declaration etc. are all fantastic soaps, and I love those too. If you haven't tried Shannons, grab one. I don't know what magic she puts in her soaps, but that stuff is so dense and slick, and at $12 bucks a tub to boot!

Performance....yes, scent No...LOL

Smells like an old lady that smokes 60 a day

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I will defer to your experience in scents, never having the opportunity or inclination to sniff smoking seniors.

:eek2::w00t:

I suggest Haslinger’s options (very mild scent), La Toja stick and MWF (mild soap smell). :a14: :a14: :a14:
I've heard you recommend Haslinger's many times. I've always wanted to try it. I finally pulled the trigger and ordered a puck - can't wait to try it.

Some good thoughts and info here. I'm curious what you come up with.
Lately I've noticed a couple of soaps I've tried or top soaps, slick and great post-shave something about those soaps seem like they didn't have what i will call enough cushion. Kind of felt like the blade was just too close but not sure how to experiment with this, but try my other soaps to compare.

If you're referring to Ruds' descriptions, you're looking for Talbot, Arianna & Evans, Declaration Grooming Bison base, Wholly Kaw donkey milk base, Murphy & McNeil standard line, Stirling, First Line Shave, Mike's Natural Soaps.

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
To make a good Yogurt'y lather you need a good brush with the proper amount of water added and you should have no problems with 90%> of the soaps MFG today. I find synthetics 24mm> will whip up a good lather and have nice peaks. Water added properly with enough stirring agitation is the whole secret IMO. I like to bowl lather also to see my lather texture and then apply to my face.
Have some great shaves!

Tabac of course, a great soap all around; performance, scent, ease of lathering.

Yes. I learned what good lather is from using nothing but Tabac for a month. It has a very wide zone in which the water to product mixture yields good results. Because of this, I was able to push the water to the extreme to see how slick I could get it before I went too far.

Other soaps are harder to get in the zone because the zone is narrower, but when you do it’ll perform more like Tabac done well.

I find the fat to also be a good teacher too, if your water isn’t too hard to cause it to misbehave. It demands a lot of water, which one must always remember when using other soaps too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I guess I'm in the minority here, but as far as yogurt, Elmer's glue, sour cream, and all I'm not sure I can place most soaps into the categories.

Top Bottom