What's new

Yates Precision acquires The Wet Shaving Club

Just got this e-mail this morning...

Hey all, Jake Yates from Yates Precision here. As some of you may be aware, we are responsible for the design and manufacturing of WSC’s Merica and Winning Razors.

You may not be aware, however, that in the Fall of 2022 we purchased The Wet Shaving club from its previous owners. Since that point, we have been running everything behind the scenes. You may also not be aware that we have our own brand of razors and accessories that we manufacture and sell at yatesprecision.com.

Up until now, we have maintained both as separate entities (websites, mailing lists, branding, etc). In an effort to better serve our customers, we have made the decision to dissolve The Wet Shaving Club and move all of their products over to our website.

Don’t worry, the Merica Razor isn’t going away, it will simply be rebranded as a Yates Precision product. In fact, we’re actually about to release a Titanium version of the Merica, and we’ll also be bringing the Winning Razor back.

This transition will take a week or two as we move products over, so we’ll continue to maintain both websites until the move is complete.

Beginning today, we’re going to merge our email subscriber list. Therefore, all emails you receive going forward will be from Yates Precision. If you do not want to come on this journey with us, please feel free to hit the Unsubscribe button at the bottom of this, or any, email.

However, we would love for you to continue following along. We try to share a lot of behind-the-scenes action on our social media accounts. If that interests you, please click the social buttons below and be sure to follow us.

That’s all for now, thanks for reading!

-Jake

Owning both TWR and Yates 921 (2 plates), I have been very satisfied with the razors. Perhaps this acquisition will result in expanded TWR offerings. i.e. additional plates and handles.

For me, in addition to my enjoyment of their products and services (having communicated several times with Jake), I get a sense of satisfaction in subsidizing a USA, small, family-owned and operated business.

I received an email a couple hours ago (from them) that the Merica titanium is now for sale as of 8PM Eastern time today. $170! I just created a thread for those interested and for awareness of it's existence!
I'd say it's the cheapest Ti to date!

Last edited:
$170 for a Ti razor? That's a really good deal. And from one of the best CNC producers of shaving hardware. Might not be bling-bling and shiny like a Swarovski Crystal but, Yates knows his s*@t and produces quality at extremely competitive prices.

Plus, right here in the good old USA. I just might take this one up. I'm a sucker for Ti razors.

Top Bottom