What's new

Yaqi final cut aggressive

Even on setting 1 it is way to aggressive for me.

Ive been shaving with gillette blue tip which works great for me.

Any adjustable ones shave as mild as Gillette blue but would like to have an option for a more aggressive first pass option.

Gillette Slim.

Or Rockwell 6C/6S if you don't mind swapping plates and the chunkiness of the head. I'd guess you would like the 2/4 head that only needs to be flipped over to change adjustment. And Rockwell sells the razor with only the 2/4 head as the 2C.

Gillette Slim.

Or Rockwell 6C/6S if you don't mind swapping plates and the chunkiness of the head. I'd guess you would like the 2/4 head that only needs to be flipped over to change adjustment. And Rockwell sells the razor with only the 2/4 head as the 2C.
No, the 2C comes with the 1/3 plate. You can buy the 2/4 plate separately though (I did).

My G. slim adjustable came in and its in very good condition, im looking forward to using it.

IMG_6816.jpeg
IMG_6818.jpeg

Even on setting 1 it is way to aggressive for me.

Ive been shaving with gillette blue tip which works great for me.

Any adjustable ones shave as mild as Gillette blue but would like to have an option for a more aggressive first pass option.
I just went through this dilemma a week or so ago.
I, too, have a Gillette Blue Tip and it's one of my favorite razors. I don't like super aggressive razors, by and large.
I'd been batting around the idea of an adjustable razor but had one that was too aggressive and often read reviews that other adjustables suffered from the same malady. I asked a lot of questions and did some research and, to make a long story short, I ended up buying a Pearl Flexi and absolutely love it.
Setting 1 is nice and mild and setting 3 is efficient but not too aggressive.
Just food for thought ...

EDIT
Never mind! I see you got the Gillette Slim Adjustable.
Great choice!

I just went through this dilemma a week or so ago.
I, too, have a Gillette Blue Tip and it's one of my favorite razors. I don't like super aggressive razors, by and large.
I'd been batting around the idea of an adjustable razor but had one that was too aggressive and often read reviews that other adjustables suffered from the same malady. I asked a lot of questions and did some research and, to make a long story short, I ended up buying a Pearl Flexi and absolutely love it.
Setting 1 is nice and mild and setting 3 is efficient but not too aggressive.
Just food for thought ...

EDIT
Never mind! I see you got the Gillette Slim Adjustable.
Great choice!
Thanks, the blue tip is great!

I had looked at the pearl but i didnt know if it would be to aggressive for me and didnt want to find out the hard way like the yaqu.

Im glad people suggested the Slim, its good like the blue tip with more options but heavier than the blue.

I also found the Yaqi to be overly aggressive on the lowest setting. It is just not smooth enough for me. The Pearl Flexi is a great shaver. Setting 1 it is very mild and I need the higher numbers (up to 4) to get a BBS. The Flexi is smooooooth; the Yaqi has a harsh feel (for me).

Top Bottom