What's new

Yaqi 70SB/105SB? Lupo clone?

Is anyone familiar with either of these two razors? From what I can see on Aliexpress, they appear to be Razorock Lupo clones. When you click the links, it takes you to "MissyProducts" which seems a bit fishy to me. At ~$45, I don't see much threat to a Lupo purchase personally.

Hi Sid, there is a thread about these Yaqi Lupo clones. Opinions appear to be mixed. One says less blade feel, others say more blade feel.

@Iridian promised us a comparison, but neglected to share his thoughts. He's a long sleeper and goes for brunch rather than breakfast. I once grew a beard and celebrated my birthday waiting for his Harlequin review. He'll get here eventually and shower us in shaving wisdom.

PS missyproducts is a known distributor of Yaqi equipment. I'm pretty sure they can be trusted,despite the deceiving name.

Iridian

Cool and slimy
@Shaun asleep I got the dual comb 1.05 version of it already before it was called Vostok and I already mentioned that I very highly regard it in combo with the Milano handle. It's a larger gap Lupo DC, in this case just SB, with more exposure and therefore a bit more sound and less clamping, results are good to very good, but I must say I favor the more recent Harlequin almost more by now, would have to do a comparison shave.

To put it bluntly, I already commented on the 1.05 dual comb version, so didn't feel the need to do so for the 1.05 SB version. :)

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
Is anyone familiar with either of these two razors? From what I can see on Aliexpress, they appear to be Razorock Lupo clones. When you click the links, it takes you to "MissyProducts" which seems a bit fishy to me. At ~$45, I don't see much threat to a Lupo purchase personally.
Type in Yaqi at Ali_press and make sure your looking at the Yaqi store in the ads that pop up and when there look under razor heads category it should have Yaqi products only. I think Yaqi sells to other vendors and they advertise Yaqi under their name of store!

Yaqi also links and sells from missraybeautyproducts store, not sure of the exact affiliation. When I've bought from the Yaqi live sales some were sold from Yaqi and some Missraybeauty. I got the 1.05 DC Lupo clone also and it was sold by the missray store for a better price. There's another store that also sells a few Yaqi products but they're usually higher priced than Yaqi.

Top Bottom